Cynthia Lynn Daniel
March 17, 1976
Gainesville, Florida, U.S.
|Other names||Cynthia Hauser|
|Education||Gainesville High School|
|Spouse(s)||Cole Hauser (m. 2006)|
|Relatives||Brittany Daniel (twin sister)|
Cynthia Lynn Daniel (married name: Cynthia Hauser; born March 17, 1976) is an American photographer and former actress. She is the twin sister of actress Brittany Daniel. She is best known for her role as Elizabeth Wakefield in the 1990s syndicated teen drama Sweet Valley High.
Born in Gainesville, Florida, Cynthia is five minutes younger than her twin sister, Brittany. They have an older brother, Brad. Their parents are Carol and Charlton B. Daniel, Jr. (who died of cancer in 2008). Cynthia was named Homecoming Queen of her high school.
Both twins made their television acting debut in a 1987 episode of The New Leave It to Beaver. In 1994, Daniel won the role of Elizabeth Wakefield in the television series Sweet Valley High, based on the book series by Francine Pascal (sister Brittany played Elizabeth's twin, Jessica Wakefield). During Sweet Valley High's run, the girls made their film debut in the 1995 drama The Basketball Diaries.
After Sweet Valley High was canceled in 1997, Daniel retired from acting and became a photographer. She has since made only one acting appearance, in a 2002 episode of That 80s Show, which also starred twin sister Brittany.
|1989||The New Leave It to Beaver||Zorigna #2||Episode: "Man's Greatest Achievements"|
|1994–1997||Sweet Valley High||Elizabeth 'Liz' Wakefield||Lead role (88 episodes)|
|1995||The Basketball Diaries||Winkie|
|2002||That '80s Show||Bianca||Episode: "Sophia's Depressed"|
|Year||Award||Result||Category||Title of work|
|1995||Young Artist Award||Won||Best Performance: Young Actress in a TV Comedy Series||Sweet Valley High (Shared with Brittany Daniel)|
- "Brittany Daniel Biography". askmen.com. Archived from the original on September 12, 2008. Retrieved September 22, 2008.
- Diane Chun (September 24, 2008). "C.B. Daniel, city leader and UF grad, dies at 69". Gainesville Sun. Retrieved October 2, 2008.
- "Seeing Double". People. 49 (18). May 11, 1998.
- "2 Good 2 Be True". Chicago Tribune. September 6, 1994. Retrieved October 17, 2010.
- "CBB Exclusive: Cole Hauser and Cynthia Daniel welcome son Colt". people.com. July 10, 2008. Archived from the original on January 18, 2013. Retrieved November 7, 2012.