Cypress Creek (Texas)
|Length||49 mi (79 km)|
|Basin size||San Jacinto River|
Cypress Creek is a stream that flows from Snake Creek and Mound Creek in Waller County, Texas to its mouth at Spring Creek in Harris County, Texas. It is part of the Cypress Creek watershed, and flows into the west fork of the San Jacinto River watershed- eventually flowing to the Gulf of Mexico.
The banks of this creek were a settling location for German immigrants in the 1840s. The settlement was later named the city of Cypress, Texas.
- "An Analysis of Texas Waterways". Retrieved 2006-05-04.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Cypress Creek (Texas)
- "Harris County Flood Control District". Archived from the original on 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "Texas State Historical Association "Cypress Creek (Waller County)"". Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- USGS Hydrologic Unit Map - State of Texas (1974)