Cypress Falls High School
|Cypress Falls High School|
|9811 Huffmeister Road
Houston, TX 77095
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District|
|Faculty||162 (on FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||3,650 (as of 2016)|
|Student to teacher ratio||25.3|
|Color(s)||Green & Gold|
|Athletics conference||University Interscholastic League|
|Team name||Golden Eagles|
|Website||Cypress Falls High School website|
Cypress Falls High School is a secondary school in an unincorporated area of Harris County, Texas, United States. It opened in 1992. The current principal is Ms. Becky Denton. Cypress Falls is part of the Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District, which started during the late 19th century with a school named "The Cypress School". Originally, there were only 12 schools and it is now one of the largest districts in Houston, Texas. Cypress Woods High School relieved Cypress Falls when it opened in fall 2006.
The school's mascot is the golden eagle and their colors are gold and green. Their rival schools are Langham Creek High School and Cy-Fair High School. Cypress Falls offers several different extracurricular resources to enhance the student and parent experience. The principal maintains a blog on the high school's website to help keep the parents connected and people informed in general.
Since the school's second academic year in 1993-1994, their Symphonic Band has received Sweepstakes ratings every year. The only known school in the district to have a longer streak is Langham Creek High School.
The Cypress Falls Golden Eagle Marching band 2015-2016 is the only Cypress-Fairbanks school to compete and place in finals in the Bands Of America Super Regional in Atlanta Georgia. They currently hold 22 consecutive UIL Sweepstakes and are active participants in the Texas UIL Marching Contest.
In 2016, as part of high school rezoning, a portion of Cy Falls's attendance zone was be reassigned to Cypress Ranch High School and another portion was be reassigned to Langham Creek High School.
Schools that feed into Cypress Falls include:
- Elementary schools: Fiest, Horne, Owens, Birkes (partial), Hairgrove (partial), Lee (partial), Postma (partial), Tipps (partial), Woodard (partial)
- Middle schools: Labay, Aragon (partial), Truitt (partial)
During the school year of 2010-2011, Cypress Falls was the only school in its district to have all levels of its music department (band, orchestra, and choir) receive sweepstakes at their UIL Contest.
The Cypress Falls High School varsity men’s choir performed at the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) 2012 Clinic and Convention on Feb. 10 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio. Selected from hundreds of submissions from across the state, the choir performed a concert before thousands of Texas music educators and students. The Cypress Falls men’s choir was led by head choir director Deidre Douglas.
The Cypress Falls High School Varsity Women's choir performed at the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) 2015 Clinic and Convention at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio in February 2015. Selected from hundreds of submissions from across the state, the choir performed a concert before thousands of Texas music educators and students. In addition to performing at TMEA, the Varsity Women's choir also performed at the National American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) 2015 Convention in Salt Lake City in February 2015, as they were selected from thousands of submissions from across the nation. This is the first choir chosen from the Cypress Fairbanks ISD to perform at the national level. The Cypress Falls Varsity Women's Choir is led by directors Deidre Douglas and Matthew Perez.
- Natasha Barrett, news reporter and weekend evening news anchor for KTRK-TV
- Jaime Bubela, retired MLB outfielder
- Biren Ealy, former NFL wide receiver
- Clint Everts, former MLB pitcher, Sugar Land Skeeters
- Chris Francies, AFL wide receiver, Utah Blaze
- Chris Gbandi, soccer player, Miami FC
- Devin Gibson, collegiate basketball point guard, UTSA
- Kovid Gupta, screenwriter and author
- Scott Kazmir, MLB pitcher, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Andrew Livingston, Olympic swimmer
- Gabe Muoneke, retired basketball player
- Ricky Price, former NFL safety
- CFISD: Cypress Fairbanks ISD
- Cy Falls HS Resources
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program
- Baird, Annette (2016-02-22). "Rezoning paves way for new Cy-Fair high schools". Cypress Creek Mirror at the Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-12-26.
- "Final Recommendation 1-11-16." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Retrieved on January 5, 2016. This document shows changes in attendance zones between 2015-2016 and 2017-2018.
- "." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District.