Cypress High School
|Cypress High School|
9801 Valley View Street
|School type||Public, High School|
|School district||Anaheim Union HS District|
|NCES District ID||0602630|
|Superintendent||Michael Matsuda |
|NCES School ID||060263000172|
|Teaching staff||93 teachers News Ranking"/>|
|Student to teacher ratio||26.03|
|Campus type||Large Suburban|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue, Orange |
|Fight song||Across the Field|
|Athletics conference||Empire League CIF Southern Section|
|Rival||Kennedy High School|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Newspaper||The Centurion Spotlight|
|Feeder schools||Lexington Junior High|
The marquee in front of the school
Cypress High School is a public, four-year high school in the city of Cypress, California, one of eight high schools in the Anaheim Union High School District (AUHSD). Cypress was first established in 1973, and honored as a California Distinguished School in 2007.
Cypress's sports teams compete in the Empire League of the CIF Southern Section. The school mascot is the centurion of Roman fame. The school colors are navy blue, orange, and white. In 2007, baseball team was ranked in the Top 25 for all Prep teams nationwide.
The following sports are offered at Cypress:
CIF Southern Section championships
- Boys Golf 2005
- Baseball: 2005 and 2013 :11
- Football: 2007:82
- Softball: 1983,:127 1987,:127 1992,:128
- Girls Volleyball: 2007:301
- Boys Tennis 2016
- Boys Volleyball: 2017
The Cypress High School Centurion Imperial Brigade performed in the 2015 Rose Parade in Pasadena, California on New Year's Day. 2015 marks the first appearance of Cypress High School in the Rose Parade and the first reappearance of an AUHSD school in over thirty years.
- Scott Aukerman, writer, actor, comedian, television personality, director, producer, and podcast host
- Marko Cavka, former professional American football offensive tackle
- Lanny Cordola, guitarist, songwriter, and producer
- David Fletcher, Major League Baseball third baseman
- Justin Lin, director & producer
- Clarence Moore, American football wide receiver who played in the National Football League; he is currently a free agent
- Scott Moore, professional baseball infielder for the Houston Astros of Major League Baseball
- Troy O'Leary, professional baseball outfielder who played with the Milwaukee Brewers, Boston Red Sox, Montreal Expos and Chicago Cubs 
- Brian Tochi, actor, best known for role in Revenge of the Nerds
- Josh Vitters, third pick in the 2007 Major League Baseball Draft (Chicago Cubs)
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Anaheim Union High". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Aug 4, 2012.
- "Anaheim Union High School District Organizational Chart" (PDF). Anaheim Union High School District. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Message from the Superintendent". Anaheim Union High School District. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "SAT Code Search". The College Board. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Cypress High". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Aug 4, 2012.
- "Administrative Team". Cypress High School. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Cypress High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 4, 2018.
- "Directory of Schools: 2011-2012" (PDF). WASC Accrediting Commission for Schools. July 2011. p. 35. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Cypress High School Overview". Best High Schools. U.S.News & World Report. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Newspaper page
- Josh Vitters/Cypress HS 2007 champions Archived October 22, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- Simmons, Thom (January 2012). "CIF-Southern Section All Sports Press Guide and Record Book" (PDF). California Interscholastic Federation. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 August 2012.
- Shelley Henderson, Cypress High School band qualifies for 2015 Rose Parade, Orange County Breeze, September 30, 2013
- Rose Parade Participants, Tournament of Roses, 2014
- "NFL Player Profile - Marko Cavka". NFL.com. Retrieved December 18, 2011.
- White, Lonnie (26 April 2004). "A Second Day Run on Bruins". Los Angelos Times. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Newport Harbor Lineman Commits to USC". Los Angelos Times. 19 January 2000. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- Beck, Jason (4 June 2002). "Tigers select Moore with first pick". MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- Rohwer, Bob (4 June 2002). "Here and Now". Los Angelos Times. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Cubs select third baseman Josh Vitters with third pick of First-Year Player Draft". Chicago Cubs. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "2007 Draft Tracker". MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Retrieved 5 August 2012.