Cypress Lakes High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Cypress Lakes High School|
|5750 Greenhouse Rd
Katy, TX 77449
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District|
|Enrollment||3,673 (as of 2016)|
|Color(s)||Red & Silver|
|Athletics conference||University Interscholastic League|
|Website||Cypress Lakes High School website|
Cypress Lakes High School is a secondary school located in Katy, which is an unincorporated place in Harris County, Texas, near Houston. Cypress Lakes, originally named Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District High School #10, is part of the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District and serves students in grades 9-12. It was built along with Cypress Ranch High School and opened in fall 2008. Cypress Lakes relieve the population of Cypress Falls High School, Cypress Springs High School, and Langham Creek High School.
The district selected PBK Architects as the designer of the new school which uses similar blueprints to the existing Cypress Ridge, Cypress Springs, and Cypress Woods schools, following the design of a mall, that being of one main hallway becoming split into sub-hallways into the rooms. Originally the school was scheduled to open in fall 2009. The rapid growth in CFISD prompted the district to schedule the opening of the school in fall 2008. The first graduating class was the Class of 2011.
In 2016 Cypress Park High School opened, taking territory from the attendance zone of Cypress Lakes. In turn Cypress Lakes's attendance boundary took an area formerly in the boundary of Cypress Springs High School.
Schools that feed into Cypress Lakes include:
- Elementary schools: Lieder, Sheridan, Wilson, Emery (partial), Hemmenway (partial), McFee (partial), M. Robinson (partial), Tipps (partial)
- Middle schools: Watkins, Thornton (partial)
- "Cypress Lakes and Cypress Ranch Option 11." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Retrieved on February 3, 2017.
- Jackson, Kim (2007-12-10). "Cy-Fair names 2 new high school principals". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-12-29.
- Dwight Howard visits Block Out Violence winner Cy-Lakes
- Baird, Annette (2016-02-22). "Rezoning paves way for new Cy-Fair high schools". Cypress Creek Mirror at the Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-12-26.
- "Final Recommendation 1-11-16." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Retrieved on January 5, 2016. This document shows changes in attendance zones between 2015-2016 and 2017-2018.
- "." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District.