Cypress Springs High School
|Cypress Springs High School|
|7909 Fry Rd
Cypress, TX 77433
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Panthers on the P.R.O.W.L.|
|School district||Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District|
|Principal||Dr Cheryl T. Henry|
|Enrollment||3,165 (as of 2016)|
|Color(s)||Red & Blue|
|Athletics conference||University Interscholastic League|
|Website||Cypress Springs High School website|
Cypress Springs High School was established in 1997, making it the sixth high school within Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District to open its doors to students in the Cypress and Katy areas. Since 2015, the school's principal has been Dr. Cheryl T. Henry. From 2012-2015, the school's principal was Mr. Travis Fanning and from 2008-2012, the school's principal was Mrs. Barbara Weiman, one of the former Associate Principal before her promotion to being Principal. Prior to Mrs. Weiman becoming principal, Mrs. Sarah Harty was principal, until she was chosen to be the first principal of nearby Cypress Lakes High School which opened in 2008. The very first principal to serve was Mr. Alan Meek, who helped establish the school in 1997.
History and background
The graduating class of 2008 was Cypress Springs' largest senior class with more than 1,000 students walking the stage at the Richard E. Berry Educational Support Center to receive their diplomas.
In the 2005-2006 school year, attendance at this high school reached more than 4,000 students due to the building boom taking place in the local area, making for a crowded school and crowded hallways.
In 2016 a wave of CFISD high school rezoning occurred. Cypress Park High School opened, taking a portion of the Cypress Springs zone. In addition another portion of the Cypress Springs zone was given to Cypress Lakes High School. In turn, a section of the Langham Creek High School attendance zone was reassigned to Cypress Springs.
- Cat Osterman - Olympic Gold Medalist in Women's Softball
- Erica Enders - NHRA Pro Stock Driver
- Courtney Enders - NHRA Super Stock Driver
- Phillip McDonald - Professional Basketball Player
- Lawson Craddock - Pro Track and Road Racing Cyclist
- Kimberlyn Duncan - 2013 American 200m Champion Track & Field
- Derrick Lewis - UFC fighter
Schools that feed into Cypress Springs include:
- Elementary schools: André, Duryea, Copeland (partial), Hemmenway (partial), Jowell (partial), McFee (partial), Postma (partial), Rennell (partial), Walker (partial)
- Middle schools: Hopper (partial), Anthony (partial), Kahla (partial)
- CFISD Enrollment Data. "Enrollment by Campus." 18 Sep 2016.
- Baird, Annette (2016-02-22). "Rezoning paves way for new Cy-Fair high schools". Cypress Creek Mirror at the Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-12-26.
- "Final Recommendation 1-11-16." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Retrieved on January 5, 2016. This document shows changes in attendance zones between 2015-2016 and 2017-2018.
- "." Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District.