Cyprichromis is a genus of cichlids with five species. They are also known as the herring cichlids or sardine cichlids since they form large schools in the open water of Lake Tanganyika. Of the known species, only C. microlepidotus has been recorded outside Lake Tanganyika (in eastern Tanzania).
There are currently five recognized species in this genus:
- Cyprichromis coloratus T. Takahashi & M. Hori, 2006
- Cyprichromis leptosoma (Boulenger, 1898)
- Cyprichromis microlepidotus (Poll, 1956)
- Cyprichromis pavo Büscher, 1994
- Cyprichromis zonatus T. Takahashi, M. Hori & Nakaya, 2002
|This Cichlidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|