Cyprus at the 1994 Winter Olympics
|Cyprus at the|
1994 Winter Olympics
|NOC||Cyprus Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||1 in 1 sport|
|Flag bearer||Karolina Fotiadou|
|Winter Olympics appearances (overview)|
Cyprus sent a delegation to compete at the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway from 12–27 February 1994. This was Cyprus' fifth consecutive appearance at a Winter Olympic Games since their debut in the 1980 Winter Olympics. The delegation sent to Lillehammer by Cyprus consisted of a single alpine skier, Karolina Fotiadou. In the women's super-G she came in 46th place.
The Cyprus Olympic Committee was first recognized by the International Olympic Committee in 1978, and the nation has participated in every Summer Olympics and Winter Olympic Games since their debut in 1980. The 1994 Winter Olympics were held from 12–27 February 1994, a total of 1,737 athletes took part, representing 67 National Olympic Committees. This was Cyprus' fifth consecutive Winter Olympics appearance. The only athlete sent to Lillehammer by Cyprus was alpine skier Karolina Fotiadou. She was chosen as the flag bearer for the opening ceremony.
Karolina Fotiadou was 23 years old at the time of the Lillehammer Olympics. She was a veteran of the 1988 Winter Olympics, and the 1992 Winter Olympics. Her only event in Lillehammer was the women's super-G. On 15 February, she finished the single run race in a time of 1 minute and 43.97 seconds, which put her 46th and last among competitors who finished the race. The gold medal was won by Diann Roffe-Steinrotter of the United States in a time of 1 minute and 22.15 seconds, silver was won by Svetlana Gladysheva of Russia, and bronze was taken by Isolde Kostner of Italy.
|Karolina Fotiadou||Women's super-G||1:43.97||46|
- "Cyprus – National Olympic Committee (NOC)". International Olympic Committee. Archived from the original on 18 July 2017. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "Cyprus". Sports Reference. Archived from the original on 8 March 2018. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- "Lillehammer 1994 Winter Olympics – results & video highlights". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Cyprus at the 1994 Lillehammer Winter Games". Sports Reference. Archived from the original on 15 July 2017. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "Karolina Fotiadou Bio, Stats, and Results". Sports Reference. Archived from the original on 25 March 2018. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "35 Years – Cyprus Olympic Committee" (PDF). Cyprus Olympic Committee. 2009. p. 108. Archived (PDF) from the original on 31 July 2018. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "Alpine Skiing at the 1994 Lillehammer Winter Games: Women's Super G". Sports Reference. Archived from the original on 30 March 2018. Retrieved 31 July 2018.