Cyriak has been a regular contributor to the British website B3ta since 2004.
Cyriak's YouTube account features a compilation of his animations, which have been popular throughout the blogosphere and noted by Wired's Eliot Van Buskirk. Cyriak's animation "MOO" has featured on the front page of Wired. His 2009 video "poo pants" features an animated sample of broadcaster Alan Titchmarsh singing a repeated refrain from the bowls of a series of toilets, some of which fly through space.
Cyriak made the "Spaceology" animation in the third episode of the fourth season of the TV series The IT Crowd and the "Goth to Boss" animation in the sixth episode. In 2015 he created the opening credits for the Netflix series W/ Bob & David.
Awards and recognition
On 9 September 2009, British illusionist Derren Brown, live on UK television, claimed to predict the National Lottery numbers. Cyriak uploaded a possible explanation, to his YouTube channel, which gained half a million views within a week and attention from national press.
- Bradshaw, Peter (31 March 2010). "The surreal YouTube genius of Cyriak". The Guardian. Retrieved 20 July 2010.
growing cult following for his brilliant bursts of surrealism and drollery ... notably winning awards for his sting designs for E4, and for TV ads ... miniaturist genius
- "B3ta member profile". B3ta.com. Retrieved 2007-12-09.
- Van Buskirk, Eliot (2006-10-20). "Friday Fun: Cyriak's Animation Mix". Wired.com. Retrieved 2007-12-09.
- "IT Crowd – Spaceology". Cyriak. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- Holmes, Kevin (13 September 2010). "Mind Melting Animation". The Creators Project. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- Joe Berkowitz (24 November 2015). "How Digital Artist Cyriak Gave "W/ Bob & David" The Trippiest Opening Credits Ever". Fast Company. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Music video for Bloc Party's Ratchet: More crazy work from Cyriak » Lost At E Minor: For creative people". Lost At E Minor. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- Cyriak (director), Flying Lotus (composer) (25 June 2014). Putty Boy Strut (YouTube). Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- E4 Finalists
- "Click Online competition results". BBC News. 2006-05-12. Retrieved 2007-12-09.
- Connolly, Lucy (16 September 2009). "How Derren Brown fooled you in Lotto 'prediction'". The Sun. Archived from the original on 22 September 2009. Retrieved 2016-10-12.