Théréau in 2007
|Full name||Cyril Théréau|
|Date of birth||24 April 1983|
|Place of birth||Privas, France|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 December 2017.
After half a season with Orléans, he moved to Ligue 2-side Angers SCO in the winter transfer period. In his first professional match, a Coupe de France round of 32 tie at Stade Vélodrome on 8 January 2005, he netted the third goal as Angers won 3–2 against Marseille who at the time fielded Fabien Barthez in goal.
On 29 August 2006, Théréau signed a four-year contract with Steaua București. The reported transfer fee paid to Charleroi was €1 million while Théréau's salary multiplied by seven to about €240,000 annually. The move happened after the Steaua's coach saw him play against Standard Liège and thought he could make a good replacement for the injured Victoraș Iacob. Months after playing in the Championnat National for Angers, Théréau made an appearance in the Champions League being substituted on in the 70th minute in Steaua's 1–4 win away to Dynamo Kyiv on 13 September 2006. He was used in all six matches in the group stage without scoring as Steaua failed to progress from the group which also included Real Madrid and Lyon. He scored his first hat-trick for Steaua in a win against FC Naţional in the Romanian top division on 12 November 2006. Théréau became a fan favourite at the club and this did not change when he was sent off in the Bucharest derby against Dinamo. In total, he amassed 10 goals in 17 leagues games.
Return to Charleroi
Charleroi secured Théréau's services permanently on 9 June 2008 on a three-year contract. On 10 March 2010, he reached a hat-trick in a 4–1 defeat of relegation rivals Lokeren – his club's first win of the year – which all but guaranteed Charleroi's Belgian Pro league status.
By the end of his spell with Chievo, having spent four seasons there, he had made 129 appearances in all competitions for the club and with 26 league goals he was the Chievo's most prolific foreign goalscorer of all time.
On 23 August 2015, he scored the decisive goal as Udinese beat Juventus 1–0. It was the first time in history Juventus lost on their home debut. He completed the 2015–16 season scoring 11 goals and contributing three assists in 36 league matches for his club.
Style of play
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Théréau is a skillful striker, who can score from practically every position. He reached fame in Belgium when he scored a goal after dribbling from the middle of the pitch to the penalty box. Although he is very tall, he has good ball shooting skills and is a technical player.
|Club||Season||League||Cup[nb 1]||Europe[nb 2]||Total|
|Charleroi||2006–2007||Belgian First Division||4||3||0||0||0||0||4||3|
|Steaua Bucureşti||2006–2007||Liga I||17||10||0||0||7||0||24||10|
|Anderlecht||2007–2008||Belgian First Division||11||1||0||0||4||1||15||2|
|Charleroi||2008–2009||Belgian First Division||30||4||0||0||0||0||30||4|
- Zouaoui, Farid (26 September 2006). "L'incroyable histoire de Cyril Théréau". Le Parisien (in French). Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "Cyril THéRéAU - Football : la fiche de Cyril THéRéAU (Udinese)". L'Equipe. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- Ceillier, Glenn (28 February 2016). "Les 5 choses à savoir sur Théréau, 4e buteur français à l'étranger derrière Griezmann ou Benzema". Eurosport.fr (in French). Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "Angers upset Marseille in cup". UEFA.com. 8 January 2005. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Théréau, retour en Belgique". UEFA.com (in French). Retrieved 25 August 2016.
7 September 2007
- "Anderlecht haalt Franse spits uit Roemenië". Voetbal International (in Dutch). 26 June 2007. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "UEFA Champions League 2006/07 - History - Dynamo Kyiv-Steaua – UEFA.com". UEFA.com. 13 September 2006. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "Thereau show". Libertäten (in Romanian). 12 November 2006. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Charleroi verlost Théréau van Anderlecht-bank". Voetbal International (in Dutch). 14 January 2008. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Club Brugge vreest voor koppositie na thuisnederlaag". Voetbal International (in Dutch). 29 February 2008. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Tioté dicht bij Twente, Théréau blijft in Charleroi". Sportswereld (in Dutch). 9 June 2008. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Charleroi zo goed als gered na hattrick Théréau". Sporza (in Dutch). 10 March 2010. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "A.C. ChievoVerona: comunicato ufficiale". Chievo Verona (in Italian). 25 June 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Calciomercato Udinese, primo colpo: ufficiale Thereau". Goal (in Italian). 24 June 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Thereau moves to Udinese". BT Sport. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- Schira, Nicolo (23 June 2014). "Thereau dal Chievo all'Udinese". Panorama (in Italian). Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Graziano, Mirko (23 August 2015). "Serie A, Juventus-Udinese 0-1: decide Thereau, i Campioni d'Italia cadono". Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "Cyril Théréau » Club matches". Worldfootball. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "Mercato : Théréau est en contact aver l'OM" [Transfer market: Théréau is in contact with OM]. RMC Sport (in French). 27 July 2016. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "Cyrill Théréau alla Fiorentina a titolo definitivo". 31 August 2017. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "C. Théréau". Soccerway. Retrieved 30 May 2017.