S&P 400 component
|Industry||Real estate investment trust|
| Alex Shumate, Chairman|
Bruce W. Duncan, CEO and President
Diane M. Morefield, CFO
|Revenue||$981 million (2019)|
|$41 million (2019)|
|Total assets||$6.142 billion (2019)|
|Total equity||$2.434 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
The company has approximately 1,000 customers including enterprises, network operators, cloud providers, and supporting service providers.
The company was formed in 2001.
In July 2007, the company was acquired by ABRY Partners.
By 2015, Cincinnati Bell had sold almost its entire stake in the company.
In March 2016, the company acquired a data center of CME Group in Aurora, Illinois for $130 million in a leaseback transaction. In December 2016, the company broke ground on a 425,000 square foot data center on the property.
In August 2017, the company acquired Zenium Data Centers, a provider with data centers in London and Frankfurt, for $442 million.
In February 2020, the company announced that the Company’s Board of Directors has appointed Tesh Durvasula as President & Chief Executive Officer. 
In May 2020, CyrusOne joined the Board of Directors and Policy Committee as an Associate Member of the European Date Centre Association.
- "CyrusOne, Inc. 2019 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Map and list of CyrusOne's data center locations". baxtel.com.
- "CyrusOne set for more growth after acquisition by Abry Partners". American City Business Journals. July 11, 2007.
- "Cincinnati Bell completes CyrusOne buy". American City Business Journals. June 11, 2010.
- "Cincinnati Bell to acquire CyrusOne in Texas". American City Business Journals. May 13, 2010.
- Dawn-Hiscox, Tanwen (April 16, 2018). "CyrusOne forced to take action following noise complaints in Chandler, Arizona". Data Center Dynamics.
- "CyrusOne Inc. Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering" (Press release). Business Wire. January 17, 2013.
- Brownfield, Andy (June 24, 2015). "Cincinnati Bell sells off third major block of CyrusOne holdings". American City Business Journals.
- "CyrusOne Announces Closing Of Cervalis Acquisition" (Press release). Business Wire. July 1, 2015.
- "CME Group Announces Agreement to Sell Aurora, Ill. Data Center to CyrusOne" (Press release). PR Newswire. March 15, 2016.
- Stoller, Bill (May 9, 2016). "CyrusOne Plans Huge Expansion at CME Data Center Campus in Chicago". Data Center Knowledge.
- Hiller, Kristin (December 1, 2016). "CyrusOne Begins Construction on Second Data Center in Chicago Suburb". RE Business Online.
- "Global Data Center Provider CyrusOne Purchases 40 Acres in Northern Virginia" (Press release). Business Wire. June 14, 2016.
- "CyrusOne Inc. Announces Closing of Zenium Acquisition" (Press release). Business Wire. August 27, 2018.
- "CyrusOne Announces CEO Transition" (Press release). Business Wire. February 20, 2020.
- "CyrusOne joins European Data Centre Association Board of Directors". Data Economy. 2020-05-01. Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- Business data for CyrusOne, Inc.: