Czech Land Forces
The Czech Land Forces (Czech: Pozemní síly Armády České republiky, literally the "Land Forces of the Army of the Czech Republic") is the land-based military branch of the Army of the Czech Republic. Along with the Air Force the Land Forces encompasses all the operational military units of the Czech Republic. The Land Forces primarily consist of two mechanized brigades equipped with various types of combat vehicles (such as Pandur II or BVP-2) including T-72M4CZ tanks to ensure the execution of different combat operations.
The Czech Land Forces are the biggest and decisive part of the Army of the Czech Republic. In coordination with other services they are organized to defend the national territory. Under a crisis situation and in the event of hostilities they form the core of operation task force of the allied joint force and eventually they are complemented by mobilized units. The Land Forces are also designed for fulfilment of commitment in compliance with the Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty and tasks on behalf of the state administration authorities.
- Ground Forces Command in Prague
- 103rd CIMIC/PSYOPS Center, in Olomouc
- 4th Rapid Deployment Brigade, in Žatec – cooperating with (not part of) the German Army 10th Panzer Division
- 7th Mechanized Brigade, in Hranice
- 13th Artillery Regiment, in Jince
- 14th Logistic Support Regiment, in Pardubice
- 15th Engineer Regiment, in Bechyně
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company, in Bechyně
- 151st Engineer Battalion, in Bechyně
- 153rd Engineer Battalion, in Olomouc
- 31st NBC-defence Regiment, in Liberec
- 53rd Reconnaissance and Electronic Warfare Regiment, in Opava
- "Land Forces". Ministry of Defence and Armed Forces of the Czech Republic. Ministry of Defence. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- Šimůnek, Petr, ed. (July 2015). "Land Forces". The Long Term Perspective For Defence 2030 (PDF). Prague: Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic - Military History Institute (MHI). p. 13. ISBN 978-80-7278-667-1. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "Land Forces" (PDF). University of Defence. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- Army of the Czech Republic, Structure of Ground forces. Accessed 20 March 2017.
- Wirnitzer, Jan (22 February 2017). "Češi čelí ruské propagandě o předání 4. brigády Němcům. Ukázali dohodu" [The Czechs face Russian propaganda about handing over the 4th Brigade to the Germans. They showed an agreement]. iDNES.cz (in Czech). Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- Stropnický, Martin. "Ministr Stropnický: Spolupráce armád je základem naší obranyschopnosti" [Minister Stropnicky: Cooperation between the [Czech and German] armed forces is the foundation of our defence]. army.cz. Ministerstvo obrany České republiky. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "Germany, Romania and the Czech Republic deepen defence ties". NATO. NATO. Retrieved 23 May 2017.