Czech Republic–Denmark relations
Czech Republic–Denmark relations are the current and historical relations between Czech Republic and Denmark. Czech Republic has an embassy in Copenhagen. Denmark has an embassy in Prague. Diplomatic relations were established on 1 January 1993. Relations between the Czech Republic and Denmark are described as "good". Both countries are full members of NATO and of the European Union.
Relations with Czechoslovakia
Diplomatic relations were established on 21 June 1929. A cultural and scientific cooperation was signed in Prague in 1968. In the 1970s trade between both countries reached 400 million Czechoslovak korunas per year.
Trade and Investment
Danish exports amounted 4 million DKK, and imports amounted 4 million DKK in 2009.
Danish investment in Czech Republic were 10 billion DKK. Danish companies have invested in the Czech Republic. The investments has strengthen the bilateral friendship between the Czech Republic and Denmark. Lego, A. P. Moller-Maersk Group and Bang & Olufsen are some of the Danish companies that have investments in Czech Republic.
High level visits
Tycho Brahe was a Danish nobleman known for his accurate and comprehensive astronomical and planetary observations. Coming from Scania, then part of Denmark, now part of modern-day Sweden, Tycho was well known in his lifetime as an astronomer and alchemist. He died in Prague.
Recent investigations have suggested that Tycho did not die from urinary problems but instead from mercury poisoning—extremely toxic levels of it have been found in hairs from his moustache. The results were, however, not conclusive. Prague City Hall approved a request by Danish scientists to exhume the remains in February 2010, and a team of Czech and Danish scientists from Aarhus University arrived in November 2010, to take bone, hair and clothing samples for analysis.
- Czech embassy in Copenhagen
- Danish embassy in Prague Archived 2011-04-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- Diplomatic relations between Czech Republic and Denmark Czech embassy in Denmark (in Czech)
- The New ambassador in Prague: Ole Moesby Archived 2011-09-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- Treaty between Denmark and Czechoslovakia
- East-West Contacts (A Monthly Survey) Archived 2012-06-01 at the Wayback Machine.Open Society Archives
- Czechoslovak life
- 60 výročí navázání leteckého spojení mezi Prahou a Kodaní anniversary of the establishment of air links between Prague and Copenhagen (in Czech)
- Economic relations
- Danish investments in Czech Republic (in Danish)
- "Tycho Brahe to be exhumed". The Copenhagen Post. February 4, 2010. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- "Digging up Brahe". The Prague Post. May 12, 2010. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- "The opening of Tycho Brahe's tomb". Aarhus University (Faculty of Humanities). October 21, 2010. Archived from the original on 2006-12-05. Retrieved October 27, 2010.
- "Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe exhumed to solve mystery". BBC News. November 15, 2010. Retrieved January 19, 2011.