Czechoslovakia at the 1964 Summer Olympics
|Czechoslovakia at the Olympic Games|
|At the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo|
|Competitors||104 (95 men, 9 women) in 13 sports|
|Flag bearer||Karel Klečka (gymnastics)|
|Olympic history (summary)|
|Other related appearances|
| Bohemia (1900–1912)
Czech Republic (1994–)
Czechoslovakia competed at the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan. 104 competitors, 95 men and 9 women, took part in 64 events in 13 sports. The most successful competitor was Věra Čáslavská (one of only 9 women in crew) with 4 gold medals - 3 individual, 1 team. Other big surprises were gold medal performances of the cyclist Jiří Daler and weightlifter Hans Zdražila, who broke a world record during his performance. Medal hopes of world record holder athlete Ludvík Daněk were fulfilled with little disappointment silver medal.
- Gymnastics - Women's Individual all-around, Věra Čáslavská
- Gymnastics - Women's Vault, Věra Čáslavská
- Gymnastics - Women's Balance beam, Věra Čáslavská
- Cycling - Men's Individual pursuit, Jiří Daler
- Weightlifting - Men's 75 kg, Hans Zdražila
- Athletics - Men's 1500 metres, Josef Odložil
- Athletics - Men's Discus throw, Ludvík Daněk
- Football - Men's tournament: Jan Brumovský, Ludovít Cvetler, Ján Geleta, František Knebort, Karel Knesl, Karel Lichtnégl, Vojtech Masný, Štefan Matlák, Ivan Mráz, Karel Nepomucký, Zdeněk Pičman, František Schmucker, Anton Švajlen, Anton Urban, František Valošek, Josef Vojta, Vladimír Weiss
- Gymnastics - Women's Team competition: Věra Čáslavská, Marianna Krajčírová, Jana Posnerová, Hana Růžičková, Jaroslava Sedláčková, Adolfína Tkačíková
- Volleyball - Men's Team competition: Antonín Procházka, Jiří Svoboda, Luboš Zajíček, Josef Musil, Josef Smolka, Vladimír Petlák, Petr Kop, František Sokol, Bohumil Golián, Zdeněk Groessl, Pavel Schenk, and Drahomír Koudelka
- Wrestling - Men's Greco-Roman Middleweight, Jiří Komarník
- Shooting - 25 m Rapid Fire Pistol, Lubomír Nácovský
- Rowing - Eights: Petr Čermák, Jiří Lundák, Jan Mrvík, Július Toček, Josef Věntus, Luděk Pojezný, Bohumil Janoušek, Richard Nový, Miroslav Koníček
- Rowing - Double sculls; Vladimír Andrs, Pavel Hofman
Nine cyclists represented Czechoslovakia in 1964.
Four shooters represented Czechoslovakia in 1964. Lubomír Nácovský won a bronze medal in the 25 m pistol event.
Men's Team Competition
- Round Robin
- Team Roster
- Head Coach: Václav Matiášek
- "Czechoslovakia at the 1964 Tokyo Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2010-12-19.