Smith-Rivera in 2013
December 20, 1992|
|Listed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Listed weight||218 lb (99 kg)|
Oak Hill Academy
(Mouth of Wilson, Virginia)
|NBA draft||2016 / Undrafted|
|2016||Windy City Bulls|
|2016||Fort Wayne Mad Ants|
|Career highlights and awards|
D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera (born December 20, 1992) is an American professional basketball player who last played for Koroivos of the Greek Basket League. Born in Indianapolis, he played high scholl basketball for North Central of his hometown and Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia. Having enrolled in Georgetown in 2012 he played for the Hoyas until 2016. After graduation from college Smith Rivera had a brief stint in the NBA Development League.
High school career
Smith-Rivera started high school at North Central High School in Indianapolis, and led his team to a state championship in his sophomore year. He transferred to the basketball specialty Oak Hill Academy in Virginia for his senior year, and he helped lead the team to the 2012 national championship.
Smith-Rivera appeared in all 32 games his freshman year with the Hoyas, when the team won a share of the Big East Conference Regular Season Championship, and went to the 2013 NCAA Tournament. He was named to the Big East's All-Rookie team. In his sophomore year, he started all but one game, recorded two double-doubles, and led the team with a 17.6 points-per-game average. He was selected for the Big East Weekly Honor Roll five times during the season, and was named to the All-Big East Second Team at the end of the conference season.
In March 2015, following Georgetown's Round of 32 knockout in the 2015 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, Smith-Rivera announced he would declare for the 2015 NBA draft. A week later, Smith-Rivera reversed his decision and announced that he would stay at Georgetown for his senior year.
At the conclusion of the 2015–16 regular season, Smith-Rivera was selected to the second-team All-Big East.
After going undrafted in the 2016 NBA draft, Smith-Rivera signed with the Chicago Bulls for training camp on September 26, 2016. On October 21, 2016, he was waived by the Bulls after appearing in two preseason games. On November 1, 2016, he was acquired by the Windy City Bulls of the NBA Development League as an affiliate player of Chicago. On December 5, he was waived by Windy City. In six games, he averaged 3.0 points, 1.7 rebounds and 0.8 assists in 11.2 minutes.
On December 28, 2016, Smith-Rivera was acquired by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. Three days later, he was waived by the Mad Ants after one game. On 14 January 2017, he signed with Koroivos of the Greek Basket League.
The son of Mateo and Kelana Rivera, he has two brothers, Mateo Jr. and Rogelio. He majored in business. D'vauntes also has a son. 
- "D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera". Georgetown Hoyas. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera". Yahoo! Rivals. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Forgrave, Reid (October 22, 2014). "Georgetown's Smith-Rivera gets top player nod in Big East preseason honors". Fox Sports. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Vecenie, Sam (March 31, 2015). "Georgetown guard D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera declares for NBA Draft". Television Network Website. CBS Sports. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Payne, Terrence (April 8, 2015). "Report: D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera backs out of 2015 NBA Draft, returns to Georgetown". Television Network Website. NBC Sports. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "Four Named Unanimously to MBB All-BIG EAST First Team". Big East Conference. March 6, 2015. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- "BULLS FINALIZE TRAINING CAMP ROSTER". NBA.com. September 26, 2016. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- "BULLS WAIVE AVILA, SMITH-RIVERA AND WALKUP". NBA.com. October 21, 2016. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- "Windy City Bulls Select Four Players in 2016 D-League Draft to Complete Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. October 30, 2016. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- "Windy City Waives Smith-Rivera". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. December 5, 2016. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- "D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera D-League Stats". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Cohn, Justin A. (December 28, 2016). "Indy product added to Mad Ants roster". JournalGazette.net. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "Mad Ants Release Smith-Rivera". OurSportsCentral.com. December 31, 2016. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- "Ανακοίνωσε Σμιθ - Ριβέρα ο Κόροιβος". www.esake.gr. Koroivos BC. January 14, 2017.
- D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera at guhoyas.com