Dáinn (Norse dwarf)
Dáinn ("Dead") or Dain is a character in Norse mythology. Mostly the tales relate to him being a dwarf and in others as king of elves. However, in other stories the dwarf god is referred to as Dvalinn.
A King's Sword
"Odin for Aesir, and Dain for the elves, Dvalin for the dwarfs, Asvid for the giants, I myself carve some". ~~Havamal 143
In Norse Astrology
In the constellations of Norse mythology there is also a constellation named after Dain, one that resembles a deer. It is considered as an elven name. Whereas there is also a constellation named Dvalin, which is considered a dwarf name and constellation.
- "Dvalin". www.norse-mythology.cba.pl. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Dainsleif". www.norse-mythology.cba.p. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Dain". www.norse-mythology.cba.pl. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Of dwarves and elves". www.timelessmyths.com. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Norse Constellations". www.timothystephany.com. Retrieved 18 November 2012.