|Metropolis||Metropolis of Lyon|
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Laurence Fautra (LR)|
|Area1||17.01 km2 (6.57 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,900/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||69275 / 69150|
|Elevation||171–240 m (561–787 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Décines is located near Grand Large reservoir, and Lyon is located 12 kilometres west.
Décines left the department of Isère to join the department of Rhône in 1968, and became of a member of the Communauté urbaine de Lyon in 1969. On 1 January 2015 Décines left the department of Rhône to join the Metropolis of Lyon.
- Cédric Bardon - footballer
- Jean Djorkaeff - footballer
- Youri Djorkaeff - footballer
- Abdelkader Ghezzal - footballer
- Jonathan Leria - basketball player
- Malela Mutuale - basketball player
- Kamel Ramdani - footballer
- Thierry Hupond - bicycle racer
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Décines-Charpieu.|
- Official website (in French)
|This Rhône geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|