¿Dónde Estás Corazón?
|"¿Dónde Estás, Corazón?"|
|Single by Shakira|
|from the album Pies Descalzos|
|Released||February 2, 1996|
|Songwriter(s)||Shakira, Luis Fernando Ochoa|
|Producer(s)||Luis Fernando Ochoa|
|Shakira singles chronology|
"¿Dónde Estás, Corazón?" (English: "Where Are You, Love?") is a song by Colombian singer-songwriter Shakira, taken from her debut studio album Pies Descalzos. It was released in 1996 by Sony Music and Columbia Records as the second single from the album. Shakira and Ochoa earned the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers award for Pop/Contemporary Song in 1997 for the song.
In 1990, a thirteen-year-old Shakira signed a recording contract with Sony Music and released her debut studio album Magia in 1991, which largely consisted of tracks she had written since she was eight years old. Commercially, the project struggled, selling an underwhelming 1,200 copies in her native Colombia. Her follow-up record Peligro was released in 1993, and suffered a similar failure. Consequently, Shakira took a two-year hiatus, allowing her to complete her high school education.
Looking to revive her struggling career, Shakira released her first major-label studio album Pies Descalzos in 1995 by Sony Music and Columbia Records. Assuming a prominent position in its production, she co-wrote and co-produced each of the eleven tracks included on the record. Serviced as the second single from the project, "¿Dónde Estás Corazón?" saw additional production from Luis Fernando Ochoa.
This song originally appeared on a compilation album called Nuestro Rock (Our Rock), released in her homeland, Colombia. This song turned out to be the only hit of the whole album, and a music video was shot for the song, directed by Oscar Azula and Julian Torres. This meant her breakthrough in Colombia. Due to the success of this song, Sony Music gave her the opportunity to record and release a new album. The song was put on her album Pies Descalzos, and served as the second single when it was re-released in 1996 throughout Latin America. The song was remixed on The Remixes (1997) and was featured on Shakira's greatest hits CD Grandes Éxitos (2002).
The first music video was directed by Oscar Azula and Julian Torres. This video shows Shakira performing the song in black and white, and later shows her in color dancing with a silver dress. This video was premiered in Colombia.
The other music video, directed by Gustavo Garzón, shows various scenes of Shakira holding photos, sitting in a red chair, singing in the rain, and shows other people in different scenes.
|US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||5|
|US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard)||3|
- "Shakira songs -¿Dónde Estás Corazón?". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved 2009-11-19.
- "ASCAP congratulates the winners of the fifth annual El Premio Ascap 1997". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media: 16. September 20, 1997. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Evan Wright (April 11, 2002). "Cover Story: Shakira". Rolling Stone. Wenner Media LLC. Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Discography". Shakira.com. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Shakira Biography". The Biography Channel. A+E Networks. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Shakira Biography". Rolling Stone. Wenner Media, LLC. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
- Jose F. Promis. "Pies Descalzos - Shakira". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- Pies Descalzos (Media notes). Shakira. Sony Music. Columbia Records. 1996. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Shakira Chart History (Hot Latin Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 8 August 2010.
- "Shakira Chart History (Latin Pop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 8 August 2010.