This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
29 May 1965
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
Ramadanovski was born in Belgrade, Yugoslavia, into a Romani family from Resen, Macedonia. He grew up on Skanderbeg's Street in Dorćol, where he resides today. After befriending Marina Tucaković, he started his professional career in 1988, after participating in the MESAM festival with the song Zar ja da ti brišem suze, finishing second.
In 1989, he made a cameo appearance in the movie Hajde da se volimo 2, performing one of his songs in the movie. He had his career high throughout the 1990s in Serbia, and to a lesser degree in Bosnia and Herzegovina. At the Grand Festival in 2008, he won second place with the song Imati pa nemati. With his ex-wife Nada, he has daughters Ana and Marija.
He is a relative of disappeared Belgrade mobster Iso Lero "Džamba". In an interview given to Politika, Ramadanovski stated that Džamba is author of the text of two songs he later recorded and published. One was "Teško je živeti" from album "Zar ja da ti brišem suze" and the other was "Žuta ruža/To je žena mojih snova" published on his album "1,2".
- Zar ja da ti brišem suze (1988)
- Ljubio sam nisam znao (1988)
- Jedan, dva (1989)
- Ko se s' nama druži (1991)
- Blago onom ko rano poludi (1992)
- Rađaj sinove (1993)
- Sa moje tačke gledišta (1995)
- Upalite zamnom sveće (1996)
- Na ivici pakla (1997)
- Oprosti majko (1998)
- Zato (1999)
- Ludo vino (2001)
- Vozi, vozi... (2003)
- The Best Of Džej 1987 - 1994 Vol. 1 & Vol 2. (1994)
- Balade (1997)
Awards and nominations
|2010||Serbian Oscar Of Popularity||Best Male Folk Singer||Nominated|
- "Rođen Džej Ramadanovski, srpski pevač - 1964. godina".
- Ramadanovski, Džej (9 May 2015). "Vetrovi me lome, ja teram po svome". Politika. Belgrade. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Džej Ramadanovski.|
|This article about a Serbian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|