|Products||D-Sight Portfolio, D-Sight Sourcing, D-Sight CDM|
D-Sight is a company that specializes in decision support software and associated services in the domains of project prioritization, supplier selection and collaborative decision-making. It was founded in 2010 as a spin-off from the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB). Their headquarters are located in Brussels, Belgium.
D-Sight has developed different software solutions that all aim at supporting different complex decision-making processes. All products are distributed under the model of Software as a Service. The products are used in a wide variety of industries such as energy and natural resources, chemical and pharmaceutical, NGO and public , etc.
D-Sight Portfolio is a Project Portfolio Management (PPM) platform focused around the early stage decision-making. It allows users to:
- Collect and centralize data for project requests and build the business case
- Prioritize project proposals and evaluate the ranking
- Allocate resources to those proposals that add the most value to the organization, thereby optimizing the project portfolio
D-Sight Sourcing is a strategic sourcing platform to standardize and justify the supplier selection process.
D-Sight Collaborative Decision-Making (CDM) is a decision-making software that offers a structured approach to data-based group decisions.
The methodology used in these platforms is a Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA). Rather than looking at one single determinant to make decisions, MCDA methods consider multiple factors. They integrate both quantitative and qualitative information, and allow to make informed rather than purely intuitive decisions.
D-Sight’s solutions implement more specifically the Preference Ranking Organization Method for Enrichment Evaluation (PROMETHEE) and Geometrical Analysis for Interactive decision Aid (GAIA), Multi-Attribute Utility Theory (MAUT) and Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP).
- D-Sight - Company Website: Corporate Software Solutions
- D-Sight for Academics: Collaborative Decision-Making (CDM) Software For Academics
- Sola, A. V. H.; Mota, C. M. D. M.; Kovaleski, J. O. L. (2011). "A model for improving energy efficiency in industrial motor system using multicriteria analysis". Energy Policy. 39 (6): 3645. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2011.03.070.
- Mutikanga, H. E.; Sharma, S. K.; Vairavamoorthy, K. (2011). "Multi-criteria Decision Analysis: A Strategic Planning Tool for Water Loss Management". Water Resources Management. 25 (14): 3947. doi:10.1007/s11269-011-9896-9.
- Brans, J.P.; Vincke, P. (1985), "A preference ranking organisation method: The PROMETHEE method for MCDM", Management Science, 31 (6): 647–656, doi:10.1287/mnsc.31.6.647
- Behzadian, M.; Kazemzadeh, R. B.; Albadvi, A.; Aghdasi, M. (2010). "PROMETHEE: A comprehensive literature review on methodologies and applications". European Journal of Operational Research. 200: 198. doi:10.1016/j.ejor.2009.01.021.
- Mareschal, B.; Brans, J. P. (1988). "Geometrical representations for MCDA". European Journal of Operational Research. 34: 69. doi:10.1016/0377-2217(88)90456-0.