D. Y. Patil
D. Y. Patil
|Governor of Bihar|
22 March 2013 – 26 November 2014
|Preceded by||Devanand Konwar|
|Succeeded by||Keshari Nath Tripathi|
|Governor of Tripura|
27 November 2009 – 21 March 2013
|Preceded by||Kamla Beniwal|
|Succeeded by||Devanand Konwar|
Dnyandeo Yashwantrao Patil
22 October 1935
Ambap, Kolhapur, Bombay Presidency, British Raj (now Maharashtra, India)
|Political party||Nationalist Congress Party|
|Children||3 including Satej Patil, Dr. Ajeenkya D Y Patil and Nandita Palshetkar|
|Alma mater||Shivaji University, Kolhapur|
Dnyandeo Yashwantrao Patil (born 22 October 1935) was Governor of Bihar state in eastern India from 29 May 2012 to 26 November 2014. He is an educator and was a leader of the Indian National Congress from Maharashtra state. He was appointed as the Governor of West Bengal (additional charge). On 24 Dec 2018 he joined Nationalist Congress Party (NCP).
A number of educational institutions were founded by him, which include:
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth (Deemed University in Pune)
- Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Navi Mumbai (Deemed to be University)
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College Navi Mumbai
- D. Y. Patil Education Society Kolhapur (Deemed University)
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Sports Academy
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Knowledge City in Pune
- Dr. D. Y Patil International School Nerul
- D. Y. Patil college of Engineering and Technology
- D. Y. Patil Medical College at Kolhapur
- D Y Patil College of Engineering at Pune in 1984
- D Y Patil Hospital at Nerul
- D Y Patil international school at Aartselaar in Belgium
- Dr. D.Y. Patil Junior College in Pune 
- DYPDC Center for Automotive Research and Studies
Patil was elected to the Kolhapur Municipal Council as a Congress candidate in 1957 and remained in office until 1962. He was the member of the Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha from 1967-78. In both the 1967 and 1972 elections, he was elected from Panhala Vidhan Sabha constituency. He was appointed the Governor of Tripura state on 21 November 2009 and took the oath of office and secrecy on 27 November 2009. He was appointed as the Governor of Bihar on 9 March 2012.
- PTI (2013-03-22). "D.Y Patil sworn in as Governor of Bihar". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- PTI (3 July 2014). "Dr D Y Patil appointed West Bengal's acting Governor". The Economic Times. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Biography of Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil". Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil University website. Archived from the original on 13 December 2009. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- #Dy Patil Institute Of Engineering Management And Research"Dr DY Patil Junior College".
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Statistical Report on General Election 1967 to the Legilsative Assembly of Maharashtra" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. p. 10. Retrieved 27 November 2009.
- "Key Highights of General Election 1972 to the Legilsative Assembly of Maharashtra" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. p. 10. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- "President Appoints Governors". The President of India website. 21 November 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- "DY Patil to be new governor of Tripura". Hindustan Times. 24 November 2009. Archived from the original on 6 June 2011. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- "D.Y. Patil takes oath as Tripura governor". Samay Live. 27 November 2009. Retrieved 27 November 2009.