D. J. Johnson (cornerback, born 1985)
November 7, 1985 |
Texas City, Texas
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||La Marque (TX)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Domonique Johnson (born November 7, 1985) is an American football cornerback who is currently a member of the Edmonton Eskimos. He was signed by the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He played college football at Jackson State University. Prior to transferring to Jackson State, he played at the University of Missouri.
2009 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in
|4.58 s||1.50 s||2.59 s||4.37 s||7.02 s||32.0 in
|9 ft 8 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
New York Giants
The New York Giants signed Johnson off the Broncos' practice squad on November 11, 2009. He made his NFL debut in Week 15 against the Washington Redskins, where he recorded two tackles. He played a total of 3 games his rookie season, recording six combined tackles.
He was re-signed by the Giants on April 16, 2010. He played seven games for the Giants before being released on November 20.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
On November 24, 2010, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed Johnson. He was promoted to the team's active roster on December 8.
He was released by the Buccaneers on September 5, 2011 for final roster cuts before the start of the 2011 season.
Johnson was signed to the practice squad of the Philadelphia Eagles on December 2. At the conclusion of the 2011 season, his practice squad contract expired and he became a free agent. He was re-signed to the active roster on January 2, 2012.
The Colts waived him on September 1, 2012, but signed to the team's practice squad the next day. He was waived by the team on October 1.
Second Stint with Redskins
Johnson re-joined the Redskins on October 23, 2012 after the team signed him to the practice squad. He was activated from Redskins' practice squad on November 6. He was placed on the injured reserve list on January 4, 2013 after spraining a ligament in his left knee in the last regular season game against the Dallas Cowboys
- NFL Combine Profile
- NFL Draft Scout
- Fitzgerald, Gary (November 8, 2011). "Redskins Sign Balmer, Anderson, Johnson". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- Tinsman, Brian (October 23, 2012). "Redskins Sign Williams, Release Grant". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 6, 2012). "Redskins Activate Sundberg, Clear Brown". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- Boyer, Zac (January 4, 2013). "Cedric Griffin Activated, D.J. Johnson Placed On IR, Kory Lichtensteiger Uncertain". Fredericksburg.com. Archived from the original on 2013-02-24. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- Svrluga, Barry (January 4, 2013). "Redskins activate CB Cedric Griffin". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- Boyer, Zac (February 6, 2013). "Redskins Waive D.J. Johnson". Fredericksburg.com. Archived from the original on April 11, 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- Carroll, Chuck (February 6, 2013). "Redskins Cut Cornerback D.J. Johnson". Washington.CBSLocal.com. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- "Detroit Lions sign journeyman cornerback Domonique Johnson". DetroitLions.com. February 6, 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-02-09. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- Rogers, Justin (August 23, 2013). "Detroit Lions begin to pare down roster, cutting five, including WR Chaz Schilens". MLive.com. Retrieved August 24, 2013.