D. V. J. Harischandra
|Dr D. V. J. Harischandra|
|Born||Dikwelle Vidanage Jayaratna Harischandra
11 March 1938
Mihiripanna Thalpe, Galle
|Died||1 March 2013
|Alma mater||St. Aloysius' College, Galle|
|Children||Neshantha,Tolusha and Navodya|
Dikwelle Vidanage Jayaratna Harischandra (Sinhalese: ඩි.වි.ජේ.හරිස්චන්ද්ර; 11 March 1938 – 1 March 2013) (known as D. V. J. Harischandra) was a Sri Lankan consultant Psychiatrist, orator, author, Buddhist scholar and a senior lecturer attached to the University of Ruhuna. He was also Head of the Psychiatrist Study Division UOR and Chairmanship of the Psychiatric Medical Science Study Council of the Colombo Post Graduate Medical Institute. He took part in many Buddhist TV discussion programmes and was a key resource contributor to Nanapahana (a programme to which he actively participated for about 13 years, transmitted on Teleshan Networks) and Doramandalawa on ITN.
Harischandra was born on 11 March 1938 in Mihiripanna Thalpe Galle, a town in southwestern tip of Sri Lanka. He had his academic studies at St. Aloysius' College Galle. In 1964 Harischandra married Padma Gunawardana; they had three children, Neshantha Harischandra (Senior lecturer in English at UOR), Tolusha Harischandra (Cardiothoracic Specialist) and Navodya Harischandra( consultant phychiatrist)
- Weragodage, Sajeewa Wijeweera (1 March 2013). "D. V. J. Harischandra". Lankadeepa. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- Situge, Hemantha (10 February 2013). "Compendium of songs on Jathaka stories". Sunday Observer. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Consultant Psychiatrist Prof. Harischandra has passed away". Independent Television Network. 1 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "D. V. J. Harischandra". Silumina. 3 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "D. V. J. Harischandra". Divaina. 2 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Dr. Harischandra passes away". Island. 1 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Dr. Harishchandra's funeral today". Nation. 3 March 2013. Archived from the original on 4 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
BOOKS WRITTEN BY DR HARISCHANDRA 1) Psychiatric Aspects of Buddhist Jataka Stories 2ndedition Vijitha Yapa Publication 2016 2) Jataka Geetha Sangrahaya 2012 VYPublication 3) Budu dahama saha Vidyawa 2014 VYPublication