|Length||4.3 km (2.7 mi)|
|From||A7 in Draga interchange|
|D8 in Rijeka|
|To||Port of Rijeka - Brajdica container cargo terminal|
|State roads in Croatia|
D404 is a state road connecting A7 motorway Draga interchange to the eastern part of the city of Rijeka, and to the Port of Rijeka, Brajdica container cargo terminal. The road is 3.5 km (2.2 mi) long, and 60% of the route is carried by various structures, such as tunnels and viaducts. The road opening had a number of delays, even though associated construction works were virtually complete for a long time. In the meantime, the road was used as a parking space. Finally, on May 30, 2011, the D404 road was open to traffic considerably enhancing access to Brajdica and eastern parts of Rijeka.
Road junctions and populated areas
|D404 junctions/populated areas|
| A7 - Draga interchange - connection to Rijeka, A6 motorway and A8 motorway to the west and to Sveti Kuzam interchange to the east.|
The northern terminus of the road.
|Ž5061 to Rijeka - Vežica|
|Pećine Tunnel - 1,341 m (4,400 ft) long. Tunnel exit to Rijeka Tower Centre (northbound traffic only).|
|D8 to Rijeka - Brajdica|
|Port of Rijeka - Brajdica container cargo terminal.|
The southern terminus of the road.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 404 (Croatia).|
- "Regulation on motorway markings, chainage, interchange/exit/rest area numbers and names". Narodne novine (in Croatian). May 6, 2003.
- "Terminals". Luka Rijeka d.d. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "Državna cesta D 404, luka Brajdica - čvor Draga" [State road D 404, Port of Brajdica - Draga interchange] (PDF) (in Croatian). Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure (Croatia). May 30, 2011. Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- "Decision on categorization of public roads as state roads, county roads and local roads". Narodne novine (in Croatian). February 17, 2010.
- "Another summer without D-404". Novi list (in Croatian). May 26, 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-05-29.
- "Obersnel walks down D-404 in protest". T-portal (in Croatian). May 21, 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-06-10.
- Elena Čuljat (May 30, 2011). "Obersnel: Zašto smo toliko čekali? Kosor: Ne vraćajmo se u prošlost" [Obersnel: Why did we wait for so long? Kosor: Let's not revisit the past]. Večernji list (in Croatian). Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- "Pećine Tunnel excavated". Jutarnji list (in Croatian). November 23, 2006. Archived from the original on 2012-10-10.
- "Pećine Tunnel connected to Tower Centre" (PDF). Novi list (in Croatian). October 24, 2008.[permanent dead link]
- "Public Roads Act". Narodne novine (in Croatian). December 14, 2004.