D62 road (Croatia)
|Length:||89.4 km (55.6 mi)|
|From:||D39 in Šestanovac|
| D532 near Zagvozd
A1 in Ravča interchange
D512 in Ravča
D513 near Mali Prolog
|To:||D9 in Metković|
|Major cities:||Zagvozd, Vrgorac, Metković|
|State roads in Croatia|
D62 is a state road running parallel to a section of A1 motorway route, providing a parallel road to the motorway between Šestanovac and Vrgorac, and taking over southbound motorway traffic in Vrgorac interchange. This type of use of the road south of Vrgorac is expected to be phased out as the motorway is completed - to Vrgorac and Ploče, where A10 motorway is expected to provide further relief to D62. The road provides access to Mali Prolog border crossing to Bosnia and Herzegovina via the D222 state road.
The road also serves as a connecting road to the A1 motorway as it is connected to Šestanovac, Zagvozd, Blato na Cetini, Ravča and Vrgorac interchanges via short connector roads or other state or county roads. The road is 89.4 km (55.6 mi) long.
Traffic is regularly counted and reported by Hrvatske ceste, operator of the road. Substantial variations between annual (AADT) and summer (ASDT) traffic volumes are attributed to the fact that the road serves as a connection to A1 motorway carrying substantial tourist traffic to D512 and D513 state roads.
|D62 traffic volume|
|D62||6014 Zagvozd||2,509||-||Adjacent to the Ž6179 junction. Estimate by HC.|
|D62||6002 Ravča west||1,467||1,613||Adjacent to the D512 junction (to the north).|
|D62||6013 Vrgorac west||3,173||4,382||Betwee to the D512 and Ž6208 junctions.|
|D62||6101 Nova Sela||726||628||Adjacent to the D513 junction (to the south).|
Road junctions and populated areas
|D62 junctions/populated areas|
D39 to Brela and A1 motorway Šestanovac interchange (to the south) and Aržano border crossing to Livno, Bosnia and Herzegovina (to the north).
Ž6260 to Blato na Cetini and Dugopolje.
Northbound D62 traffic defaults to northbound Ž6260. The northern terminus of the road.
|Ž6179 to Rastovac|
|D532 to A1 motorway Zagvozd interchange. An extension of the road to Baška Voda is currently under construction.|
Ž6180 to Poljica and Grubine.
|Ž6199 to Kozica and Šošići.|
|A1 in Ravča interchange reached via a short connector road. Connection to Split (to the north).|
D512 to Makarska.
Ž6201 to Prapatnice and Stilja.
Ž6208 to A1 motorway in Vrgorac interchange and Staševica.
Ž6210 to Podprolog.
|D222 to Mali Prolog border crossing to Bosnia and Herzegovina.|
|D513 to Ploče.|
Ž6217 to Krvavac, Komin and Rogotin.
Ž6218 to Prud
D9 to Opuzen.
The southern terminus of the road.
- "Regulation on motorway markings, chainage, interchange/exit/rest area numbers and names". Narodne novine (in Croatian). April 24, 2003.
- "Decision on categorization of public roads as state roads, county roads and local roads". Narodne novine (in Croatian). February 17, 2010.
- "Public Roads Act". Narodne novine (in Croatian). December 14, 2004.
- "Traffic counting on the roadways of Croatia in 2009 - digest". Hrvatske ceste. May 1, 2010.
- "Biokovo tunnel excavated - Zagvozd and Imotski access coast". Jutarnji list (in Croatian). January 22, 2010.
- "Sveti Ilija Tunnel excavated". Dubrovački vjesnik (in Croatian). January 21, 2010.
- "Map of border crossings and customs office areas". Customs Administration of the Republic of Croatia (in Croatian). March 6, 2008.