|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|No. of offices||19|
|No. of lawyers||1,400 approx|
|No. of employees||2,200 approx|
|Major practice areas||General practice|
|Key people||David Pollitt
|Profit per equity partner||£321,000 (2011/12)|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
DAC Beachcroft LLP is an international law firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It has around 1,400 lawyers across the UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and North America. It provides a full-service claims, commercial, risk, advisory and transactional capability, primarily in health, insurance and real estate.
- 1762 Origins of the firm – Joseph Eyre began practising at Christ's Hospital
- 1828 Richard Beachcroft founded a London practice, which later became Beachcrofts
- 1830 Wasbrough & Stanley was formed, which later became Stanley Simpson
- 1882 Wansbroughs opened in Bristol, which became Wansbroughs Willey Hargrave (WWH)
- 1927 Davies Arnold Cooper (DAC) was formed in London
- 1988 Beachcroft Stanleys was formed by the merger of Beachcroft and Stanley Simpson
- 1999 Beachcroft Wansbrough was formed by the merger of WWH and Beachcroft Stanleys
- 2006 Beachcroft LLP was incorporated on 1 May
- 2008 Davies Arnold Cooper acquired KSB Law LLP in London
- 2009 Beachcroft acquired Kings Legal in Newport, South Wales
- 2010 Beachcroft acquired the business of Williams Holden Cooklin Gibbons (WHCG)
- 2011 Beachcroft merged with Davies Arnold Cooper to form DAC Beachcroft
- 2012 DAC Beachcroft merged with the Scottish law firm Andersons Solicitors LLP, with its operations subsequently being rebranded as DAC Beachcroft Scotland
- 2012 DAC Beachcroft merged with Santiago-based law firms SegurosLex and Amunategui y Cía to form DAC Beachcroft Chile
- 2013 DAC Beachcroft merged with Bogotá-based law firm De La Torre & Monroy to form DAC Beachcroft Colombia
Main practice areas
- Financial services
- Health – independent sector
- Health – public sector
- Industrials & manufacturing
- Public sector
- Real estate
- Retail and leisure
Member of Harmonie Group of law firms providing coverage across North America and Europe; working in association with JBO Advocacia (Brazil). Joint ventures with KS Partners (India) and Canadian firm McCague Borlack.
Affiliates and subsidiaries
DAC Beachcroft Claims Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of DAC Beachcroft LLP. It is a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered number 04218278).
DAC Beachcroft LLP is licensed to operate as a foreign law firm in Singapore. It advises on the law and legal procedures applicable in England and Wales.
DAC Beachcroft New Zealand Limited and is an affiliate of DAC Beachcroft LLP. DAC Beachcroft LLP also operates out of the Auckland office of DAC Beachcroft New Zealand.
DAC Beachcroft Dublin is an Irish law firm affiliated to DAC Beachcroft LLP and the owners/equity partners of DAC Beachcroft Dublin are all owners/equity partners of DAC Beachcroft LLP.
DAC Beachcroft LLP operates in Madrid through DAC Beachcroft SLPU.
DAC Beachcroft SC is a Sociedad Civil incorporated in accordance with the laws of the United Mexican States.
DAC Beachcroft Chile Limitada is incorporated in accordance with the Laws of Chile.
DAC Beachcroft Scotland LLP is an affiliate of DAC Beachcroft LLP. It is a limited liability partnership, registered in Scotland.
- "Offices". DAC Beachcroft LLP. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Key Facts". DAC Beachcroft LLP. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Financials 2014/15: DAC Beachcroft sees total billing reach £200m as profits rise 10%". Legal Business. 10 June 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "DAC drops KSB name post-merger". The Lawyer. 7 January 2008. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "Beachcroft ups insurance nous with City boutique WHCG". The Lawyer. 5 April 2010. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "DAC Beachcroft to go live in November". The Lawyer. 22 July 2011. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "DAC Beachcroft growth strategy: pump up the volume". The Lawyer. 31 October 2011. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "Post-merger DAC Beachcroft snaps up Scotland's Andersons". The Lawyer. 22 March 2012. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "DAC Beachcroft signs three-way Chilean merger". The Lawyer. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "History". DAC Beachcroft LLP. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "DAC Beachcroft merges with Colombian alliance firm". The Lawyer. 2 December 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Twelve firms make it onto top tier of reduced Crown Commercial Services panel". Legal Business. 13 March 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "McCague Borlack". DAC Beachcroft LLP. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Entities". DAC Beachcroft LLP. Retrieved 4 July 2012.