(Redirected from DAO)
|Look up dao, dão, or DAO in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dao, Dão or DAO may refer to:
- Tao (Chinese: "The Way" 道), a philosophical concept (cf. Taoism)
- Dao (sword) 刀, a type of Chinese sword
- Yao people, a minority ethnic group of Vietnam
- Dao (surname) (Đào), a Vietnamese surname
- Dao (Dungeons & Dragons), a type of genie in the game Dungeons & Dragons
- Dão (footballer) (born 1984), Brazilian football defender
- DAO, short Australian/Italian man with big arms. Runner up contestant on ‘The Chase’. Known for being a militant vegan.
- Dao (state), a historical state during the Zhou Dynasty
- Dao (political) (Dào), historical political divisions in China translated as "circuits"
- Dao, Capiz, Philippines
- Dao County, in Yongzhou, Hunan, China
- Dão-Lafões Subregion, a region in Portugal
- Dão DOC, a Portuguese wine region
- Rio Dão, a river in Portugal
- Barangay Dau, a village in Mabalacat, Pampanga, Philippines
- D-amino acid oxidase, a peroxisomal enzyme
- Diamine oxidase, an enzyme also known as histaminase involved in the metabolism of histamine
- D-aspartate oxidase, in enzymology
- Dracontomelon dao, a species of tropical canopy tree known as dao in Filipino
- The DAO (organization), a digital organization established in April 2016
- Defence Acquisition Organisation, the former name of the Australian Defence Materiel Organisation
- Dominion Astrophysical Observatory in Saanich, British Columbia, Canada
- Daallo Airlines ICAO code
- Data Access Object, a design pattern used in object-oriented software engineering
- Jet Data Access Objects, a general programming interface for database access on Microsoft Windows systems
- Disk-at-Once, a recording mode for optical discs
- Decentralized autonomous organization, an organization instantiated by a set of business rules, typically implemented as publicly-auditable open-source software distributed across a mesh-network of computers that each have a small stake in the outcome
Media and Games
- Dao (film), a film by Tsui Hark
- Dao (game), an abstract strategy game
- DAO (album), a 1996 album by jazz saxophonist David S. Ware
- Dragon Age: Origins, a 2009 video game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts
- De-asphalted oil, a crude oil refinery process stream
- Defense Attaché Office (see military attaché), the office for military matters at embassies
- Double action only, a trigger mechanism for semi-automatic firearms
- All pages beginning with "DAO"
- All pages with a title containing DAO
- All pages beginning with "Dao"
- All pages with a title containing dao
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dao.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.