DAR Motion Pictures
|Industry||Film production, Film distribution|
DAR Motion Pictures (DAR), a wholly owned subsidiary of DAR Capital Group, is an Indian film production and distribution company headquartered out of Mumbai. Known for its focus on content driven cinema, DAR Motion Pictures has worked with a variety of film directors and companies, including Ritesh Batra, Nikhil Advani, Anurag Kashyap, Sikhya Entertainment amongst others. Apart from its investments in iRock Media, DAR has also focused immensely on innovation and the adoption of modern technology, creating Haunted 3D, India’s first stereoscopic 3D horror film. Further, the movies credited to DAR clearly indicate a tilt towards, content and subject driven cinema. Films like City of Gold, D-Day and The Lunchbox are stark examples of that.
Amongst the most talked about and appreciated films of 2013, ‘The Lunchbox’ was not just an unprecedented success story domestically but also received phenomenal international acclaim. A Sundance script ‘The Lunchbox’ was showcased at Cannes and The Dubai International Film Festival, amongst many others. It was bestowed with the Best Screenplay and Jury Grand Prize at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2013.
Dar Motion Pictures is among the few mainstream Bollywood production houses that actively produce both Hindi and regional cinema. Opening with the hard hitting and riveting Lalbaug Parel (Marathi) & City of Gold (2010 film)(Hindi), DAR moved on to produce many Marathi and Hindi films including and Teecha Baap Tyacha Baap (Marathi), Haunted 3D, D-Day, Mickey Virus, Peddlers, Monsoon Shootout and The Lunchbox. Further through its distribution arm, ‘DAR Film Distributors’, it has been behind the distribution of two of the most successful Hollywood films in India namely, ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ and ‘Fast & Furious 6’, and released Girish Malik’s ‘Jal’ which was the only Indian film in competition at the Busan International Film Festival 2013. Among other marathi films that DAR Film Distributors have distributed are Dhag, Postcard and Cappuccino.
Continuing in the tradition creating fresh content beyond the language barrier, DAR, along with its partners, is soon to give Marathi cinema its first true superhero film ‘Baji’ starring. 2014 will also see some great projects rolling out of DAR, a few of them being Baji, Anurag Kashyap’s ‘—Ugly’, ‘Fattack’ with Bejoy Nambiar’s Getaway Films Pvt. Ltd. and the second edition of the successful horror franchise, Haunted 2 with Vikram Bhatt.
- Haraamkhor” (2017)
- Baji (2015, Marathi)
- Monsoon Shootout (2014) 
- Ugly (2014)
- The Lunchbox (2013)
- Mickey Virus (2013)
- D-Day (2013)
- Dangerous Ishq (2012)
- Haunted 3D (2011)
- Teecha Baap Tyacha Baap (2011, Marathi)
- City of Gold (2010)
- Lalbaug Parel (2010, Marathi)
Up for Release
- Haunted 2
Film Distribution Projects
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Sons of Ram (2012)
- Fast & Furious 6 (2013)
- Jal (2014)
- Dhag (2014)
- Postcard (2014)
- Cappuccino (2014)
- "EXCLUSIVE: DAR Motion Pictures Reveals Business Plans". Businessofcinema.com. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Bollywood Hungama. "After D-Day, we have Mickey Virus - Vivek Rangachari of DAR Motion Pictures - Latest Movie Features - Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Priyanko Sarkar. "Dar Media to distribute The Dark Knight Rises". The Financial Express. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "DAR to distribute Girish Malik's Jal - DearCinema.com". DearCinema.com. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "Shreyas Talpade To Play A Marathi Superhero". Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "DAR gets ugly with Kashyap, Phantom". Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "DAR Motion Pictures Gully cricket with Siddhant Kapoor". Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Bollywood Hungama. "Vikram Bhatt announces Haunted 2 on his birthday". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "Amit Kumar, Monsoon Shootout". Retrieved 25 December 2014.