D.A.V. College Managing Committee
|Formation||1 June 1886|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|India, Fiji, Nepal, Mauritius, Singapore|
|Hindi, English & Other Regional Languages|
|Mahatma Hansraj, Rai Bahadur Lal Chand, Bhagat Ishwar Das , Lala Dwarka Das, Rai Bahadur Durga Das|
|Affiliations||CBSE, ICSE,Other Regional Boards & Arya Samaj|
The D.A.V. College Managing Committee, familiarly known as DAVCMC is a non-governmental educational organisation in India. It is based on the ideals of the religious and social reformer, Swami Dayanand Saraswati. The Dayand Anglo-Vedic education system also comprises colleges offering graduate and post-graduate degrees in various areas of study all over India.
Founded in 1886 in Lahore by the efforts of Mahatma Hansraj. These schools are run by the Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College Trust and Management Society, also commonly known as the Dayanand Anglo-Vedic Education Society. It holds the record for producing the largest number of CBSE (class Xth and XIIth) toppers as a single institution in the last 10 years. Today, institutional records of the 'D.A.V. College Trust and Management Society' are part of the Archives at the Nehru Memorial Museum & Library, at Teen Murti House, Delhi.
English is the primary language of instruction, with students also receiving compulsory education in Hindi and Sanskrit or a regional language. Presently, the DAV movement has grown to become the single largest non-governmental educational society in the country managing 750+ educational institutions, apart from D.A.V. Public Schools spread over the country and even in foreign land with an annual budget of more than INR ₹2 billion. It employs 50,000+ people and educates more than 20 lakh students every year.
There are over 75+ colleges across the country for graduate and post-graduate programmes.
There are over 62 aided schools across the country which are being run by DAVCMC in co-operation with various state and the union government.
There are around 600+ schools across the nation for studies up to higher secondary level.
D.A.V. Colleges Outside India
- D.A.V. College, Ba, Fiji
- D.A.V. College, Nabua, Fiji
- Dr. Jugroo Seegobin D.A.V. College, Port Louis, Mauritius
- D.A.V. College Saint André, Mauritius
- D.A.V. Sushil Kedia Vishwa Bharati Higher Secondary School, Kathmandu, Nepal
- D.A.V. Dedraj Sewal Devi Todi Higher Secondary School, Biratnagar, Nepal
- D.A.V. Hindi School, Syed Alwi Road, Singapore
- "Archives". Nehru Memorial Museum & Library.
- "DAV University, Jalandhar". davuniversity.org.
- http://www.aryasamaj.org.fj/Educational%20Institutions/dav_college_nabua.html. Missing or empty
- "Dr. Juroo Seegobin DAV College - Port Louis". aryasabhamauritius.mu.
- "DAV College-Morc. St Andre". aryasabhamauritius.mu.
- "D.A.V. Hindi School". davschool.edu.sg.