|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|kolkata indan, Sasaram|
|Hansraj Nagar, Admapur, Sasaram, Bihar, India
|Principal||Mr. K. K. Sinha|
|Medium of language||English|
|Houses||Gandhi House, Nehru House, Bose House, Raman House|
DAV Public School, Sasaram, India is a co-educational English medium school, affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Delhi, educating up to Class XII. The school is managed by the Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College Trust and Management Society, New Delhi.
The school was founded in 1997 in a rented building and now has a campus at Hansraj Nagar, Admapur. The campus has a garden, a computer lab, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics labs; an audio-visual room, and a library. The school was started within a single but now, it has three huge building.
The DAV institutions, imbued with the ethics of Swami Dayanand and innovated by Mahatma Hansraj, are intended to mould the students into the Anglo-Vedic culture. Hawan is performed every Saturday. Dharma Shiksha books are prescribed to educate the students in moral values. Vedic initiation Camps are held every year.
The school has a house system with the aim of developing a competitive spirit in students. The students are divided into four houses:
- Gandhi House
- Nehru House
- Raman House
- Bose House
The school has different uniforms for summer and winter. DAV Sasaram has now adopted Digital classroom i.e. Smart class.
Sport and extracurricular activities
- Sport: The school has acres of playing fields with facilities for football, cricket, badminton, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, volleyball and athletics. Physical training programmes impart physical fitness, team-spirit and sportsmanship.
- Cultural classes: options include:
- Dance: classical/non-classical
- Music: vocal and instrumental
- Art and painting
- Educational tours to historical places, museums, research institutions.
- Exhibitions: artistic and science exhibitions are organised.
- Charitable activities: DAV Sasaram makes contributions to victims of disasters.
Admission is determined on the basis of merit. 5% of places are reserved for talented ST/SC students of the weaker section of the society.