||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (June 2015)|
User interface of DAZ Studio Version 220.127.116.11
|Stable release||18.104.22.168 / 26 May 2015|
|Operating system||Windows Vista or later
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
|Platform||IA-32 and x86-64|
|Type||3D computer graphics|
DAZ Studio is software produced by DAZ 3D, for 3D art and animation creation and as a rendering tool. This software uses[when?] a 'Genesis' platform with multi-file support and import and export capabilities, compatible with other design and 3D art and animation software solutions. It is available for free, but registration is required. Version 1.0 was released in Fall 2005. Until version 1.7 it was officially known as DAZ|Studio. On February 1, 2012, DAZ 3D Inc. announced it would be giving away DAZ Studio Pro for free.
History and overview
DAZ Studio is designed to allow users to manipulate "ready to use" models and figures as well as other supporting 3D content. It is aimed at users who are interested in posing human and non-human figures for illustrations and animation.
DAZ 3D follows the "Razor and blades business model" - DAZ Studio is the "razor" free-of-charge core program with the required features for the creation of imagery and animations, while relegating other features to the "blades" add-on 'plug-ins', usually commercial, which the user may add.
- Avimator a simple open source BVH editor, (now replaced by a Qt port, Qavimator)
- Bryce – DAZ Studio communicates directly with Bryce through a plugin.
- Carrara – A 3D Animation software for DAZ Studio.
- Hexagon – 3D modeling software; DAZ Studio communicates directly with Hexagon through a plugin.
- iClone Studio – real-time animation software
- Poser – a commercial alternative to DAZ Studio
- "DAZ Studio". Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- Ozok, A. Ant; Zaphiris, Panayiotis. Online Communities and Social Computing: Third International Conference, OCSC 2009, Held as Part of HCI International 2009, San Diego, CA, USA, July 19–24, ... Applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI.
- "Greg’s bite: Department of Justice looks at the ‘Big Apple’". Macsimum News. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
- "$800 of software for free: grab Daz Studio Pro, Bryce Pro and Hexagon for nothing". 3D World Magazine. February 2, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-02.