DB Schenker Rail
|Revenue||€ 3.7 billion|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||DB Schenker Rail Deutschland
DB Schenker Rail Nederland
Euro Cargo Rail
DB Schenker Rail Danmark
DB Schenker Rail Italia
DB Schenker Rail Schweiz
DB Schenker Rail Polska
DB Schenker Rail UK
DB Schenker Rail Romania
DB Cargo (formerly known as DB Schenker Rail and Railion) is a European (mainly German) railway cargo carrier. The company was formed from the freight operating section of the Deutsche Bahn DB Cargo with the addition of various European rail freight operating companies.
The present company is the result of the merger of DB Cargo AG with NS Cargo NV. Later, the Danish cargo company DSB Gods (literally DSB Cargo) merged into the company. It further acquired the Italian cargo carrier Strade Ferrate del Mediterraneo (SFM) in 2004 and further acquired the Swiss cargo carrier Brunner Rail Services GmbH. In addition it purchased a 20 percent stake in Swiss BLS Cargo AG in 2007. In 2008 it increased its stake in BLS Cargo AG to 40 percent.
In 2008 the Railion brand was replaced with the rebranding of the whole DB logistics organisation into a common recognisable brand; named DB Schenker.
It uses different names for in each country where it operates, namely:
- DB Schenker Rail Danmark in Denmark (formerly DSB Gods, then Railion Scandinavia) (DB Schenker Rail Danmark is owned by DB Schenker GmbH (51%) and Green Cargo (49%))
- DB Cargo Deutschland in Germany (formerly DB Cargo, then Railion Deutschland)
- Euro Cargo Rail in France
- DB Schenker Rail Italia in Italy (formerly SFM, then Railion Italia, then Nordcargo, then DB Schenker Rail Italia)
- DB Schenker Rail Nederland in the Netherlands (formerly NS Cargo, then Railion Nederland) (NS Cargo merged with Railion in 2000)
- DB Schenker Rail Polska in Poland (bought as PCC Rail)
- DB Schenker Rail Schweiz in Switzerland (formerly Brunner Rail Services GmbH, then Railion Schweiz)
- DB Schenker Rail UK in the United Kingdom (bought as English, Welsh & Scottish Railway).
- DB Schenker Rail Romania, renamed from the Romanian subsidiary Logistic Services Danubius (LSD) in 2011.
- The new brand architecture of the DB Group (Deutsche Bahn AG) www.schenker.gr
- "Railway Gazette: DB Schenker Rail to serve Baltic States". 2011-05-15. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
- "DB And NS Sign Freight Merger Deal.(Brief Article)(Statistical Data Included)". elibrary.ibtimes.com. International Railway Journal. 1 October 1999.
- "DB Schenker Rail Romania (Romania DBSR)". www.rail.dbschenker.de (in German). Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Logistic Services Danubius renamed DB Schenker Rail Romania". transportjournal.com. 18 May 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Railion.|
- DB Schenker Rail Danmark
- DB Schenker Rail Deutschland
- DB Schenker Rail Italia
- DB Schenker Rail Nederland
- DB Schenker Rail Schweiz
- DB Schenker Rail UK
|This European rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Denmark is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|