DCC Doppelmayr Cable Car
|Products||Automated People Mover Systems|
|Services||Fully automated Cable-Propelled APM Systems|
|Parent||Doppelmayr Garaventa Group|
|Website||Doppelmayr Cable Car|
DCC Doppelmayr Cable Car is a supplier of automated people movers (APM) based in Wolfurt, Austria. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Doppelmayr Garaventa Group. Their main product is the cable-propelled CABLE Liner shuttle used in airports, city centres, intermodal passenger transport connections, park and ride facilities, campuses, resorts, and amusement parks.
In 2003, after the world’s first maglev transport system (opened in 1984 at Birmingham International Airport) fell into disrepair, DCC installed the "AirRail Link" to replace the maglev and temporary replacement bus-service that had been operating since 1995.
DCC is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company.
DCC was established by the Doppelmayr Group in 1996.
- 1999: completion of the Mandalay Bay Tram in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- 2002: Doppelmayr merged with Garaventa Group
- 2002: completion of AirRail Link at Birmingham International Airport, UK
- 2006: completion of the LINK Train in Toronto, Canada
- 2006: award of Venice People Mover contract for the City of Venice, Italy
- 2006: award of contract for MGM Mirage CityCenter in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- 2007: completion of the Cable Liner Shuttle at Mexico City International Airport
- 2007: award of Automated People Mover contract for the New Doha International Airport in Qatar
- 2010: commenced construction of the Oakland Airport Connector due to open in 2014
- 2012: completion of the Emirates Air Line (cable car) in London
- 2013: completion of the Cabletren Bolivariano in Caracas
- 2014: completion of BART to Oakland International Airport