DC League of Super-Pets
|DC League of Super-Pets|
|Directed by||Jared Stern|
|Music by||Steve Jablonsky|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
DC League of Super-Pets is an upcoming American 3D computer-animated superhero comedy film produced by Warner Animation Group, based on the DC Comics superhero team Legion of Super-Pets. The film is directed by Jared Stern, who co-wrote it with John Whittington. Its voice cast includes Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Kate McKinnon, John Krasinski, Vanessa Bayer, Natasha Lyonne, Diego Luna, Thomas Middleditch, Ben Schwartz, and Keanu Reeves.
DC League of Super-Pets is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on May 20, 2022, by Warner Bros. Pictures.
When the Justice League are captured by Lex Luthor, Superman's dog, Krypto, forms a team of shelter-pets who were given super-powers: A hound named Ace, who becomes super-strong and indestructible, a pig named PB, who can grow to giant-size, a turtle named Merton, who becomes super-fast, and a squirrel named Chip, who gains electric-powers.
- Dwayne Johnson as Krypto, Superman's dog.
- Kevin Hart as Ace, a hound who acquires the powers of super strength and invulnerability.
- Vanessa Bayer as PB, a potbellied pig who acquires the power to grow in scale.
- Natasha Lyonne as Merton, a turtle who acquires super speed.
- Diego Luna as Chip, a squirrel who acquires electric powers.
- John Krasinski as Clark Kent / Superman, a superhero from Krypton who protects Metropolis and Krypto's owner.
- Marc Maron as Lex Luthor, the CEO of LexCorp and Superman's archenemy.
Additionally, Kate McKinnon, Keanu Reeves, Thomas Middleditch, Ben Schwartz and Jameela Jamil have been cast in undisclosed roles. Other members of the Justice League (Diana Prince / Wonder Woman, Victor Stone / Cyborg, Jessica Cruz / Green Lantern, and Bruce Wayne / Batman) will also appear.
In July 2018, Jared Stern was hired to write and direct an animated film about DC's Legion of Super-Pets. In January 2019, it was announced that Sam Levine would serve as co-director with Stern, and that Patricia Hicks had signed on as producer.
In May 2021, it was announced that Dwayne Johnson will star as the voice of Krypto the Superdog, with other A-list actors in negotiations to co-star. In addition to starring in the film, he, alongside Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, and Stern will be joining Hicks as producers; while John Requa, Glenn Ficarra and Nicholas Stoller set to serve as executive producers.
In June 2021, additional cast members were announced with Kevin Hart starring as the voice of Ace the Bat-Hound in the film. Additionally, Kate McKinnon, John Krasinski, Vanessa Bayer, Natasha Lyonne, Diego Luna and Keanu Reeves were cast in undisclosed roles. The following week, Jameela Jamil joined the film. By September 2021, Marc Maron had joined the cast as the voice of Lex Luthor. By November of the same year, additional roles were revealed to be: Chip, Green Lantern's squirrel (Luna); Merton, The Flash's turtle (Lyonne); PB, Wonder Woman's pig (Bayer), Superman (Krasinski) and newer additions, Thomas Middleditch and Ben Schwartz.
In January 2019, the film was scheduled to be released on May 21, 2021. The release date was later pushed back to May 20, 2022, in favor of The Matrix Resurrections, another film starring Reeves. It will be streamed on HBO Max 45 days after its theatrical release.
- Aaron Couch; Pamela McClintock (30 January 2019). "'The Batman,' 'The Suicide Squad' Set 2021 Release Dates". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 31 January 2019. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- Hipes, Patrick (May 22, 2019). "Warner Bros' 'DC Super Pets' Animated Movie Moves To 2022". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on May 23, 2019. Retrieved February 29, 2020.
- Agard, Chancellor (November 17, 2021). "Dwayne Johnson's Krypto assembles a team in DC League of Super-Pets first look". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved November 18, 2021.
- Anderson, Jenna (November 17, 2021). "DC League of Super-Pets Reveals Full Lineup in New Images and Plot Details". Comicbook.com. Retrieved November 18, 2021.
- @johnkrasinski (22 November 2021). "Always wanted to do a buddy movie with @TheRock . Well, these are the roles we were born to play! (FYI... DJ's th…" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "'DC League of Super-Pets' Unveils All-Star Voice Cast with Kevin Hart, John Krasinski, Kate McKinnon and More". June 8, 2021.
- @jameelajamil (15 June 2021). "I am joining this cast!! One. Step. Closer. To. Keanu. 🙏🏽" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- DC LEAGUE OF SUPER-PETS – Official Trailer
- Sneider, Jeff (July 30, 2018). "Exclusive: 'Super Pets' Movie From 'Lego Batman' Writer In the Works at Warner Bros". Collider. Archived from the original on 8 February 2019. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (May 21, 2021). "Dwayne Johnson To Star As Krypto The Superdog In Animated 'DC League of Super-Pets'; Seven Bucks Producing". Deadline. Retrieved May 21, 2021.
- Melendez, Marcos (September 13, 2021). "Marc Maron Is Your New Lex Luthor (in 'DC's League of Super-Pets')". Collider. Retrieved September 14, 2021.
- Sarto, Dan (February 9, 2021). "Animal Logic Begins Work on Animated Musical 'Toto' for Warner Bros". Animation World Network. Retrieved May 8, 2021.
- "Steve Jablonsky Scoring Jared Stern's 'DC League of Super-Pets'". Film Music Reporter. November 20, 2021. Retrieved November 23, 2021.
- "Warner Bros. movies heading to HBO Max after 45-day theatrical window in 2022". gamesradar. 2021-08-10. Retrieved 2021-11-08.
- DC League of Super-Pets Is Getting a Video Game - IGN