|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Desso GrassMaster is a sports playing field surface composed of natural grass combined with artificial fibres, from the Dutch Desso group, known for their carpet. The artificial grass fibres are injected 20 centimetres (7.9 in) deep, and cover about 3% of the surface. While the grass is growing, the roots intertwine with the artificial fibres. The designers claim this anchors the field to create a solid, even structure with good drainage and 'playing comfort'.
Reinforced natural grass or hybrid grass is used for stadium pitches and training pitches, used for association football, rugby, American football, and baseball. Reinforced natural grass can also be used for events and concerts. The artificial turf injection shortens the recovery time for the grass.
- "A new pitch for the Blades". Retrieved May 2015. Check date values in:
- "Stamford Bridge is getting a technical makeover this summer". Retrieved May 2014. Check date values in:
- "Le Stade de France choisit Tarkett Sports et sa technologie Desso GrassMaster". dessosports. Paris. Retrieved February 2016. Check date values in:
- "High-tech hybrid grass for Grêmio Arena". GFPA. Porto Alegre (RS,Brazil). Retrieved May 2013. Check date values in:
- "Pitch Refurbishment Underway". LCFC. Leicester. Retrieved May 2011. Check date values in:
- "How Arsenal have put Wembley in the shade" (PDF). The Times. London. Retrieved April 2009. Check date values in:
- "LSV beats the big freeze!". Retrieved December 21, 2010.
- "Manchester City inaugurates brand new stadium". Retrieved May 17, 2007.
- Parsons, Tom (5 June 2013). "Pitch battle prompts Manchester United to switch to new surface". Inside World Football. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Drayton, John (7 June 2014). "Louis van Gaal orders training pitches to be ripped up as Dutch boss rings the changes at Carrington". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Pitch relay news Desso is go". WatfordFC.com. London. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "The Wembley pitch". FATV. London. Retrieved August 2011. Check date values in:
- "Dunedin's hi-tech stadium open for business". tvnz. New Zealand. Retrieved August 2011. Check date values in:
- "Even in Pittsburgh, playoffs are mind-over-sloppy-turf-matter games". ESPN. 2008-01-08. Retrieved 2008-01-25.
- Liberty Stadium Pitch - Official Stadium Website
- Go Desso! - Official Stadium Website