From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up DEM or Dem in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
DEM was the ISO 4217 currency code for the Deutsche Mark, former currency of Germany.
DEM or Dem can also refer to:
- Digital elevation model, a digital representation of ground-surface topography or terrain
- .dem, a common extension for USGS DEM files
- Discrete element method or discrete element modeling, a family of numerical methods for computing the motion of a large number of small particles (like molecules or grains of sand)
- Diffuse element method, a numerical simulation method used (for example) to solve partial differential equations
- Display Encode Mode, a feature of the AMD's Video Codec Engine
- Distance Estimation Method, for drawing Julia sets or Mandelbrot sets
- Department of Environmental Management, a name of various government entities
- Democrats (Brazil), political party
- Dravske elektrarne Maribor d.o.o., an electric power company in Slovenia
- Deus ex machina (Latin; literally "a god from a machine"), a resolution to a story that does not pay due regard to the story's internal logic and that is so unlikely that it challenges suspension of disbelief, and presumably allows the author, director, or developer to end the story in the way that he or she desired
- Diethyl malonate, the diethyl ester of malonic acid
- Dynamic element matching, a technique used in integrated circuits design to compensate for components mismatch
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title DEM.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.