DEX New York
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Dexter Phillip (CEO) and Daniel Padnos (CFO)|
|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
Number of locations
|19 (1 showroom, 18 retail partners)|
DEX New York Cosmetics, Inc. is an American cosmetics company that specializes in mineral make-up without the use of mica or bismuth oxychloride as its base. Its product line includes DEX New York Cosmetics, as well as like-branded make-up applicators and accessories. Its corporate headquarters is located in New York - the cross roads of Fifth Avenue and East 57th Street.
Trinidad-born Dexter Phillip, a fashion consultant by trade, founded DEX New York in March 2008 together with partner Daniel Padnos. It consists of his mineral cosmetics line and a private beauty-and-photography studio in 65th Street in downtown Manhattan. The company moved its studio to a 750-square-foot space in Fifth Avenue in 2010, with Lady Gaga as their first client. The new studio is meant to be exclusive, as it can only accommodate two clients at a time and does not have a street-side window to ward off paparazzi. Meanwhile, DEX New York Cosmetics has expanded into over 120 products, including mineral-based skin products, powders, eye shadows, lipsticks, and sunless tanner.
- "Meet Dex". DEXNewYork.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Daniel Padnos LinkedIn profile". LinkedIn. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "DEX New York (65th Street) Yelp page". Yelp.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "The lovely and talented Lady Gaga". FoxNews.com. 10 August 2010. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- Stephanie LaCava (12 August 2010). "Evening Express: NYC's DEX Makeup Studio". Vogue.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- Hannah Elliott (2 April 2011). "A Beauty Boudoir for the Upper East Side". Forbes.com. Retrieved 19 October 2013.