This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dong Feng 11|
|Manufacturer||Academy of Rocket Motors Technology|
|Warhead||500 kg: 2/10/20 kiloton nuclear warhead, fuel-air explosive (FAE), chemical, or submunition|
|Engine||single-stage solid-propellant rocket|
|Astro-inertial guidance (including ring-laser gyroscope) + Beidou|
The Dong-Feng 11 (a.k.a. M-11, CSS-7) is a short-range ballistic missile developed by the People's Republic of China.
The DF-11 is a road-mobile short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) designed by Wang Zhenhua at the Sanjiang Missile Corporation (also known as the 066 Base) in the late 1970s.
The DF-11 has range of 300 km with an 800 kg payload. An improved DF-11A version has increased range of >825 km. The range of the M-11 does not violate the limits set by the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR). Unlike previous Chinese ballistic missiles, the DF-11 use solid fuel, which greatly reduces launch preparation time (15-30 min). Liquid-fueled missiles such as the DF-5 require up to 2 hours of pre-launch preparation. The upgraded DF-11B has been revealed as well. Estimates on the number of DF-11s in service vary between 500 and 600. The launch vehicle is made by Wanshan Special Vehicle. A bunker buster variant with improved accuracy called the "DF-11AZT" has also been revealed.
|Length||7.5 m (25 ft)||8.5 m (28 ft)|
|Weight||3,800 kg (8,400 lb)||4,200 kg (9,300 lb)|
|Payload||800 kg (1,800 lb)||500 kg (1,100 lb)||800 kg (1,800 lb)|
|Range||280–350 km (170–220 mi)||530–600 km (330–370 mi) or
700–825 km (435–513 mi) (Unconfirmed)
|600 km (370 mi)|
|CEP||500–600 m||200 m (INS)
20–30 m (GPS)
- "Military Power of the People's Republic of China 2008" (PDF). Office of the Secretary of Defense: 66 (p66 of PDF).
- Dong Feng - East Wind/Julang - Great Wave Archived 2014-10-01 at the Wayback Machine
- DF-11 (CSS-7) GlobalSecurity.org
- DongFeng 11 (CSS-7) Short-Range Ballistic Missile Archived 2012-06-06 at the Wayback Machine Sinodefence.com
- DF-11/-11A (CSS-7) Archived 2016-03-29 at the Wayback Machine - Missilethreat.com
- DF-11 - Weaponsystems.net