|Location||26 Kyaddondo Road
|Construction started||September 2011|
|Design and construction|
The building is located at 26 Kyaddondo Road, at the corner with Kafu Road, on Nakasero Hill, an upsclale neighborhood in the central business district of Kampala. The coordinates of DFCU House are 0°19'36.0"N, 32°34'56.0"E (Latitude:0.326668; Longitude:32.582223).
DFCU House houses the headquarters of DFCU Group and the main branch of DFCU Bank. As of December 2014, DFCU Bank was the fifth-largest commercial bank in Uganda, with assets of about UGX:1.425 trillion.
DFCU Group, the parent company of DFCU Bank, had its headquarters offices scattered in several buildings in Kampala. In September 2011, construction began on a ten-story office complex on Nakasero Hill, to serve as the group's headquarters and house the main branch of the bank. Roko Construction Limited, a Ugandan construction company, was contracted to construct the building at an estimated cost of US$10 million (UGX:28 billion). Construction began in September 2011, with completion during the second half of 2013. As of June 2014, the construction was complete and occupancy was expected to take place in the second half of 2014. The office tower, valued at UGX:55 billion at that time, was officially dedicated as open in September 2015.
- List of banks in Uganda
- Banking in Uganda
- List of tallest buildings in Kampala
- Kampala Central Division
Photos and diagrams
- UBOS (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 12 December 2015.
- Google (18 September 2015). "Location of DFCU House At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- DFCU (18 May 2015). "DFCU Group December 2014 Annual Report" (PDF). DFCU Group (DFCU). Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Al, Bawaba (2011). "UGANDA: ROKO Construction to build dfcu Bank headquarters in Kampala". www.thefreeLibrary.com. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- Ladu, Ismail Musa (27 June 2014). "DFCU Shareholders get dividends despite difficult business times". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- Ladu, Ismail Musa (18 September 2015). "DFCU told to provide affordable services". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 18 September 2015.