DHA Valley Islamabad
DHA Valley Islamabad is a housing project that was launched on August 18, 2008 by the Defence Housing Authority (DHA), Islamabad-Rawalpindi. DHA Valley is located next to DHA Islamabad-Rawalpindi Phase II Extension on Islamabad Highway.
October 28, 2015: Plot Transfer Offer
Members of DHA Valley Islamabad were offered alternate plots in Bahria Town Rawalpindi Phase 8 and Bahria Town Karachi, through a voluntary scheme advertised in national newspapers.
August 18, 2008: Project Launch
DHA Islamabad invited applications for the allotment of plots in DHA Valley Islamabad, through newspaper advertisements.
The DHA Valley project is a joint venture between DHA Islamabad, Bahria Town, and Habib Rafiq. The plan includes a secure community with parks, utilities, commercial shopping, schools, mosques, and a hospital. The project's master plan was designed by the California-based company OJMR Architects. Habib Rafiq is responsible for the transportation infrastructure, while construction of DHA Homes was awarded to the Turkish company AREA. The master plan includes the following projects:
- DHA Valley offers 5 marla (125 square yards) and 8 marla (200 square yards) residential plots for 650,000 Pakistani rupee and PKR 880,000 respectively, with a quarterly installment plan for Pakistani residents.
- DHA Valley Overseas offers 5 marla (125 square yards) and 8 marla (200 square yards) residential plots for $US 9,500 and $12,900 respectively, with a quarterly installment plan exclusive for overseas Pakistani residents.
- DHA Homes offers 5 marla (125 square yards) and 8 marla (200 square yards) residential plots with houses for PKR 2,299,000 and PKR 4,199,000 respectively, with a quarterly installment plan for overseas and Pakistani residents.
- DHA Commercial Avenue offers 4 Marla (100 Square Yards) and 8 Marla (200 Square Yards) commercial plots for PKR 2,000,000 and PKR 4,000,000 respectively, with a quarterly installment plan for Pakistani residents.
The 6-lane DHA Expressway connects this project, the Islamabad Expressway,and the following major phases of DHA Islamabad:
- Blue Bell
- Boganvelia (Overseas Block)
The project launched in November 2008 and all phases are scheduled to be complete by the end of 2014.
The following videos provide development progress:
Kamran Kayani, brother of former Chief of Army Staff Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, is allegedly involved in a number of land scams including DHA Valley Islamabad. The corruption watchdog National Accountability Bureau (NAB) investigated Kamran Kayani and later issued his arrest warrants.
Mega Corruption Cases
On 2 February 2011, a complaint was lodged with National Accountability Bureau (NAB) against the management of DHA Valley. The complainant Lt Col Tariq Kamal accused the management of DHA Valley of embezzlement in sale, development, and purchase of land in DHA Valley. On the directions of Supreme Court of Pakistan, NAB submitted a list of 179 mega cases before the Court. The list also included the DHA Valley case. Later, the same list was uploaded on NAB's website. The status of the DHA Valley case in NAB is "inquiry under progress", as of January 27, 2017.
On 27 January 2016, the district administration of Rawalpindi told the Punjab Irrigation Department to start constructing the stalled Dadhocha Dam to end its tussle with the Defence Housing Authority.
On 3 August 2015, a report was submitted to the Supreme Court on behalf of the Punjab Irrigation Department. The submitted report assured the Supreme Court that Dadhocha Dam would be built at the original site. The original site of Dadhocha dam had been included in the master plan of DHA Valley.
- "DHA Valley | DHA Islamabad-Rawalpindi". www.dhai-r.com.pk. Archived from the original on 26 April 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-24.
- DHA Valley Islamabad – A Project of Defence Housing Authority Islamabad
- "Contact-more | DHA Islamabad-Rawalpindi". www.dhai-r.com.pk. Archived from the original on 25 April 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-24.
- DHA Valley Islamabad – A Project of Defense Housing Authority Islamabad
- Phase II Extn DHA Islamabad
- DHA Homes Islamabad :: A Project of Defense Housing Authority Islamabad
- AREAA Construction
- Overseas Block – DHA Valley Islamabad :: A Project of Defense Housing Authority Islamabad
- DHA Commercial Ave
- Payment Details – DHA Islamabad
- Phase II Extn DHA Islamabad
- "NAB issues warrants for Kamran Kiani in DHA scam". The Nation. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "NAB Mega Corruption Cases" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-04-18.
- "Irrigation dept told to start building Dadhocha dam".
- "Dadhocha Dam would be built, Punjab assures SC".