|Website||DHL Express Division - Aviations|
DHL Aviation is a division of DHL Express (owned by Deutsche Post DHL) responsible for providing air transport capacity. It is not a single airline but refers to several airlines owned, co-owned or chartered by DHL Express. In 2009, Deutsche Post World Net rebranded to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL). In the U.S., DHL Airways was renamed Astar Air Cargo which in turn operated air freight services as a cargo airline for DHL until 2012.
Deutsche Post owns five main airlines, which provide services by region:
- European Air Transport Leipzig is responsible for the major part of the European network and for longhaul services to the Middle East and Africa. From its hub at the Leipzig/Halle Airport it operates a fleet of 11 Boeing 757 Freighters and 21 Airbus A300-600 Freighters.
- DHL Air UK is based at East Midlands Airport, was purchased by DHL in 1989, and has since 2000 been operating a fleet of 22 Boeing 757-200SF freighters on intra-European services and a fleet of four new-built Boeing 767-300ERF Freighters, primarily on trans-atlantic routes.
- DHL Aero Expreso is the subsidiary in Central and South America Hub in Tocumen, Panamá , operating a fleet of Boeing 727-200 and 757-200 Freighters in Central- and South America, as well as serving destinations in the Caribbean and Florida.
- SNAS/DHL handles Middle East destinations from its headquarters and main regional hub at Bahrain International Airport, operating a fleet of Boeing 767-200 and 757-200 freighters. The fleet is deployed throughout the Middle East and in Africa.
- Blue Dart Aviation, is based at Chennai International Airport, Chennai, India, with a fleet of 6 Boeing 757 Freighters. It provides services for the Indian network of DHL and regional charters.
It also owns the following smaller airlines:
Deutsche Post also has stakes in the following airlines, some of which also operate under the DHL brand or livery:
- AeroLogic, Schkeuditz (Leipzig), Germany (50%).
- Air Hong Kong, Hong Kong (40%).
- ABX Air, Inc. Wilmington, OH, USA (0%, Contract).
- Polar Air Cargo, Purchase, NY, USA (49%).
- Southern Air, Erlanger, KY, USA (0%, Contract).
- Solenta Aviation, Johannesburg, South Africa (unknown).
- Tasman Cargo Airlines, Sydney, Australia (49%).
DHL Express's global headquarters are part of the Deutsche Post headquarters in Bonn.
|Airbus A300-600RF||35||0||10 - Air Hong Kong
21 - European Air Transport Leipzig |
4 - ASL Airlines Ireland
|ATR 42-300F||3||0||1 - Aero Express Del Ecuador
1 - DHL de Guatemala
1 - Vensecar Internacional
|Boeing 727-200F||6||0||3 - Raya Airways
3 - Vensecar Internacional
|Boeing 737-400SF||4||4||3 - ASL Airlines Ireland
5 - Southern Air
|Boeing 747-400 (BCF)||13||0||3 - Air Hong Kong
4 - Kalitta Air
6 - Atlas Air
|Boeing 747-8F||4||0||Atlas Air|
|Boeing 757-200F||46||0||6 - Blue Dart Aviation
4 - DHL Aero Expreso
22 - DHL Air UK
3 - DHL International Aviation ME
11 - European Air Transport Leipzig
|Boeing 767-200F||7||0||2 - DHL International Aviation ME
5 - Atlas Air
|Boeing 767-200SF||31||0||Raya Airways, DHL America|
|Boeing 767-300ERF||6||0||2 - Atlas Air
4 - DHL Air UK
|Boeing 777F||12||0||8 - AeroLogic
4 - Southern Air
|McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30F||9||0||DHL America|
|McDonnell Douglas MD-11F||20||0||DHL America|
- Does not contain fleet data from ABX Air, Inc., Solenta Aviation, Cargo Air, Swiftair, ASL Airlines Switzerland, Aeronaves TSM.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DHL Aviation.|