DHL International Aviation ME
|Hubs||Bahrain International Airport|
|Parent company||DHL Express|
|Key people||Phil Couchman|
SNAS/DHL, incorporated as DHL International Aviation ME, is a cargo airline based in Bahrain. It is wholly owned by Deutsche Post DHL and operates the group's DHL Express-branded parcel and express services in the Middle East, including Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan. Its main base is Bahrain International Airport.
The airline was established and started operations in 1979. In 1996 the airline began using 757-200s to fly flights between Bahrain and Europe. As of 2004 the airline flew flights in the Middle East, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
|Boeing 727-200F||4||0||operating for SNAS Aviation|
In January 2005 the airline also operated :
Incidents and accidents
- The Überlingen mid-air collision occurred on 1 July 2002 over southern Germany between a DHL ME 757 and a Bashkirian Airlines Tupolev Tu-154. All 69 people on board the Tupolev as well as both pilots of the cargo plane died in the crash.
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Beteiligungsliste/Participation list" (PDF). Jahresabschluss (HGB)/Annual Financial Statements (HGB). Deutsche Post AG. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 7, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "DHL Airlines". DHL International GmbH. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "AX001-1-2." German Federal Bureau of Aircraft Accident Investigation. May 2004. 1.17.12 Operator of the B757-200. 42 (). Retrieved on 28 April 2010.
- Flight International 3 April 2007
- DHL International Aviation Middle East