Digital Interactive Systems Corporation (or DISCover) is a company specializing in gaming technology for PCs. They are the creators of the DISCover technology which allow PC games to be played like a video game console. The technology, which features the "Drop and Play" engine, auto-plays CDs or DVDs and automates scripts for installing and updating games. Consoles with the engine connect to the Internet for game updates. This technology debuted at the 2003 Electronic Entertainment Expo.
In August 2007, DISCover announced that their Hardcore White-Label Gaming System, or HAWGS, technology would be used for FiringSquad's Ammo digital distribution service. The following month, on September 2007, the company disclosed the InstaPlay desktop client, which improves the ease of use for accessing games. DISCover chief executive officer David Ferrigno addressed Instaplay concerns and comparisons with other digital distribution services such as Direct2Drive and Steam.
- Kyle Ackerman. "Digital Interactive Systems Corp. and DISCover PC Game Consoles". Frictionless Insight.
- Tor Thorsen. "Q&A: Loren Kaiser on the DISCover engine". GameSpot.
- "DISCover PC Game Consoles Interview". Gamers Hell.
- "DISCover". Dark Watcher's Console History.
- "We demand on-demand: Alienware DHS 2 series". CNet.
- "Alienware DHS 5 series media center". Digital Trends.
- DISCover Press Release. "DISCover's HAWGS(TM) to power PC Game Downloads for FiringSquad.com". Forbes.com.[dead link]
- "DISCover's InstaPlay To Launch PC Games Console-Style". Gamasutra.
- Christophor Rick. "DISCover more about InstaPlay - Part 2 (Interview)". Generation: Gamerz. Archived from the original on 2007-10-24.