Logo of DIT University, Dehradun, India
|Motto||IMAGINE ASPIRE ACHIEVE|
|Undergraduates||B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm, B.Sc., B.A.|
|Postgraduates||MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Pharm|
Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|Campus||23 acres, 12 km from the clock tower of Dehradun city on Mussoorie Road|
|Affiliations||Recognized by the UGC|
DIT University (DITU), erstwhile Dehradun Institute of Technology, is a private university near Dehradun in India, established by the non-profit Unison Group. DIT University has been established by Govt. of Uttarakhand vide Act No.10 of 2013 dated 15 February 2013 and is recognized by the UGC under section 2(F) of the UGC Act, 1956.
DIT University was founded by Mr. Najmul Hooda, the founder of the Unison Group. Founded in 1998, Dehradun Institute of Technology gradually turned from an Engineering college to a University which offer Undergraduate, Graduate and Doctral programmes in fields like Engineering, Pharmacy, Management and Architecture. Initially, Dehradun Institute of Technology started its first batch in 1998 with CSE, ME and EE branches under affiliation from Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut. Then year after year, the number of branches increases with a variety of Post-Graduate and Doctral programs. In 2012, UGC conferred the Autonomous Status to DIT, further in 2013 the Uttarakhand State Government declared DIT as DIT University due to excellence in Education and Research. Till Date more than 8000 students have successfully passed from DIT. There are also periodic Alumni meet at various zones throughout the country.
Admission to DIT University has been offered based on performance in JEE-Main for Engineering and Architecture Undergraduates, GATE for Graduate courses, CAT/MAT for MBA and Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination for MCA.
DIT University is listed under Central counselling list of JEE-Main (earlier AIEEE). In 2013, many students were admitted to DITU via CSAB counselling apart from normal counselling held at DITU campus.
From 2014, admissions for Post-Graduate and Doctoral Programs will be entertained by DIT University Entrance Test-DUET and interview conducted by DIT University. Apart from this, GATE/NET qualified students shall be given more preference.
Dehradun is located 240 kilometres north-east of Delhi. The area of the campus is 25 acres out of which 23 acres is developed, the prominent buildings are Vedanta and Chanakya.
Residential and facilities
DIT University has four men's hostels. The hostels are named for greatest scientific figures in Indian history. Following are the names of men's hostel blocks.
RAMAN (Block I)
BOSE (Block II)
BHABHA (Block III)
SARABHAI (Block IV)
DIT University campus has two women's hostels named after women dignitaries of India. They are named as:
- The SPIC MACAY (Society For Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Among Youth) DIT University chapter seeks to conserve and promote the Indian cultural tapestry among youth by focusing on the classical arts with their legends, rituals, mythology and philosophy.
DIT University has programs in Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Management Engineering:-
- BTech in Computer Science and Engineering.
- BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- BTech in Information Technology.
- BTech in Mechanical Engineering.
- BTech in Electrical Engineering.
- BTech in Civil Engineering.
- BTech in Petroleum Engineering.
- BTech in Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Automobiles
- BTech in Computer Science and Engineering with Specialization in Machine Learning.
- MTech in Scientific Computing(Integrated Five years program) 5 Year Program
BTech Collaborative Programs in association with IBM:-
- BTech in Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Big data Analytics in association with IBM.
- BTech in Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Cloud Computing & Virtualization in association with IBM.
- BTech in Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Cyber Security & Forensics in association with IBM.
- BTech in Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in IOT (Internet of Things) in association with IBM.
BTech Lateral Entry (LE) Programs:-
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Computer Science and Engineering.
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Information Technology.
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Mechanical Engineering.
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Electrical Engineering.
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Civil Engineering.
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Petroleum Engineering.
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Automobiles
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Big data Analytics in association with IBM.
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Cloud Computing & Virtualization in association with IBM.
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Cyber Security & Forensics in association with IBM.
- BTech Lateral Entry (LE) in Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in IOT (Internet of Things) in association with IBM.
- BA (Hons)- Economics.
Computer Application Program:-
- Bachelor of Computer Applications.
- Masters of Business Administration.
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management in association with Safeducate.
Computer Application Programs:-
- MCA-Lateral Entry (Two Year Program).
- MTech in Mechanical Engineering.
- MTech in Digital Communication.
- MTech in Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- MTech in Computer Science & Engineering.
- MTech in Electrical Engineering.
- MTech in CAD/CAM.
- MTech in Construction Engineering & Management.
- MTech in Civil Engineering with Specialization in Structural Engineering.
- PhD. in Civil Engineering.
- PhD. in Petroleum Engineering
- PhD. in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- PhD. in Computer Science and Engineering.
- PhD. in Mechanical Engineering.
- PhD. in Electrical Engineering.
- PhD. in Chemistry.
- PhD. in English.
- PhD. in Management.
- PhD. in Maths.
- PhD. in Pharmacy.
- PhD. in Physics.
- The IEEE DIT University chapter, established in 2011, sponsors lectures, a workshop, quizzes and the presentation of papers.
- Google Student Community (GSC) formed in 2013 is another major CSE/IT club which was formed after selection of Google Student Ambassador from DITU. This club bridge the gap between GOOGLE and CAMPUS via conducting innovative activities,events,workshops,etc.
- The International Society of Optics and Photonics (SPIE) started its student chapter in DIT University in 2014. SPIE DIT University Student Chapter is one of the largest SPIE student chapters in the world.
- The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE India) is a platform for automotive enthusiasts to get hands-on experience with automobiles.
- The Computer Society of India established in 2010 in DIT University and around 400 student members. The mission of the CSI DITU chapter is to facilitates research, knowledge sharing, learning and career enhancement for all categories of IT professionals, while simultaneously inspiring and nurturing new entrants into the industry and helping them to integrate into the IT community.
- CodeGenX formed in 2012, today CodeGenx has more than 200 members from various departments of DIT University. It has been established in the university with a mission to enhance coding skills and sharing knowledge.
- Clikrrati Literati the literary club, nurtures the talents of students, makes sincere efforts for their holistic development and grooms them into morally awakened individuals.
- HackerEarth has its student community in DIT University.
Youthopia is the Annual Cultural & Technical Festival of DITU. Every Year many participants from various National Colleges and Universities participate in this inter-college festive. The prominent events include Battle of Bands, RoboWars, CodeHunt, Perceptrix, etc. In last years many singers like Jassi Gill, Javed Ali, Toshi Sabri and Hard Kaur have performed at Youthopia.
Sphurti is the annual sports competition at the DITU campus. DITU invites colleges throughout India to participate in events including cricket, basketball, football, volleyball, track and field, badminton, table tennis. Since the first Sphurti, there are more than 80 colleges that have come to participate in Sphurti.
Aiming to promote Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam's vision of an era when the youth of India would enrich the world with their social, technical and academic brilliance, Vision 2K35 is a DIT University's initiative, to reach out to Young India. Vision 2K35 is a national level youth summit wherein, students will explore and evaluate the potential of renewable and conserving energy infrastructure for the nation by implementing most innovative Technical Ideas, Energy Auditing & Audit Presentation. The theme of the summit is what role the youth can play in bringing India in the league of Superpowers by 2035.
DIT University Campus
- Official website
- DIT University
- The Times of India, NN 7 Jan 2005
- [DIT UNIVERSITY – ADMISSIONS OPEN 2017 – Register Online at http://admissions.dituniversity.edu.in – Download Brochure – http://dituniversity.viewpage.co/viewbook2017]
- "DIT University official website". DIT University.
- Govt. Notification
- UGC Approval
- "UGC Act-1956" (PDF). mhrd.gov.in/. Secretary, University Grants Commission. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Government Recognition".
- "Student Residences".
- "Eating Joints".
- "IEEE, DIT University FB Page".
- "GSC, DIT University FB Page".
- "Student Clubs".
- "SAE DIT University FB Page".
- "CSI, DIT University FB Page".
- "CodeGenX, DIT University FB Page".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to DIT University.|