|Birth name||Raashaun Casey|
|Also known as||Envy|
September 3, 1977 |
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York|
|Genres||Hip hop, R&B|
|Labels||Desert Storm, Koch|
|Associated acts||DJ Clue?, Red Cafe, Nina Sky, Angela Yee, Charlamagne Tha God,|
Raashaun Casey (born September 3, 1977), known by his professional name DJ Envy, is an American disc jockey (DJ). He is also one of the three hosts of the syndicated radio show The Breakfast Club with Angela Yee and Charlamagne Tha God and an MTV2 VJ for The Week in Jams.
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
A native of Queens, New York, DJ Envy was tutored by neighborhood acquaintance DJ Clue?, who introduced him to the mixtape circuit in the mid-1990s. He quickly climbed up the ranks, and by the early 2000 he was peddling the latest commercials and exclusives for big-name rappers like Jay-Z, 50 Cent and The L.O.X.. Since his reputation was so esteemed, DJ Clue signed him to their affiliate label Desert Storm Records. In 2003, he released his commercial debut album entitled The Desert Storm Mixtape: Blok Party, Vol. 1.
Envy's big break on the radio came when he mixed once a month for Hot 97's show called "Takin' it to the Streets", hosted by Angie Martinez from 12:00 am to 4:00 am, but later filled in when Angie Martinez got pregnant. He then co-hosted Hot 97's morning show with Miss Jones from 6 am-10 am daily. His run on the morning show ended in July 2008 when Miss Jones moved to Philadelphia. Envy spun on his own mixshows on Hot 97 called "The People's Mix" on Saturdays from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm and "The People's Choice Hit List" on Sundays 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. He had a segment on Hot 97 titled "New at 2", where he played the newest hits from 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm. He hosts Hip-Hop Nation's afternoon show on Sirius XM Radio on weekdays 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm EST and on weekends he used to do a show from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Power 105.
On Monday December 6, 2010, DJ Envy, Angela Yee and Charlamagne Tha God began hosting the morning show on Power 105 as The Breakfast Club. In January 2013, Envy made headlines after apologizing on-air for cheating on his wife with reality TV star Erica Mena.< In September 2016, he voiced support for stop-and-frisk, and later apologized after constant criticism.
Envy has made appearances on Juelz Santana's and Lloyd Banks's music video "Beamer Benz Or Bentley" and various television shows, such as 106 & Park, Entourage, and Tha Corner, which he hosts on the Music Choice channel. He was featured in the 2006 film Blood of a Champion, credited as Shadow's enemy friend. He also appeared in The Raw Report of Gucci Mane documentary.
He recently released a record entitled "Still A Fan" featuring recording artist,songwriter,producer "Rico Love". Which leads many to believe he may be planning a new mixtape or album in the future.
Casey is married to Gia Casey. They were together since high school and married in 2001. They have five children: daughters Madison, London,and Brooklyn; sons Logan and Jaxson.
- The Desert Storm Mixtape: Blok Party, Vol. 1 (2003)
- The Co-Op (with Red Cafe) (2007)
- It's Moovin' (2009)
- Love and Envy (2011)
- Audio Uprising, Vol. 1 (2011)
- Full Breach. Vol. 5 (2014)
- "Feel the Hate" – The Murderers (2000)
- "Broken Silence" – Foxy Brown (2001)
- "The Bad Guy" (featuring Pain in da Ass) – Fabolous (2001)
- "Wait a Minute" – Joe Budden (2004)
- DJ Envy at allmusic.com
- Baker, Al (May 13, 2006) D.J. Is Arrested Over His Threat to Rival's Child. New York Times.
- DJ Envy Return of the Hustle. Xxlmag.com (July 27, 2007). Retrieved on August 1, 2014.
- DJ Envy's 5 DJ Commandments. SOHH.com
- "Erica Mena Responds to DJ Envy's Confession on The Breakfast Club". February 25, 2013. Retrieved February 6, 2017.
- "DJ Envy Comes Clean About Affair With 'Love & Hip-Hop' Star Erica Mena". Retrieved February 6, 2017.
- DJ Envy Supports Stop and Frisk, Twitter Bites Back
- DJ Envy, stop-and-frisk supporter, says he was recently shot at in N.J
- DJ Envy Is Catching Hell for Defending Unconstitutional Stop and Frisk Policing 
- DJ Envy Condemns Stop-And-Frisk After Conversation With John Legend
- Blood of a Champion (2006) – Full cast and crew. IMDb
- http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/dj-envy#axzz4ZcyYUWiv September 2012
- "DJ Envy Admits To Affair With Erica Mena".
- "Full Breach Mixtapes". Full Breach Mixtapes.