|Birth name||Randy Ellis|
|Also known as||Bull Of Tha Industry, Tha Bull, Mr. Luxury Tax, Papa A&R,|
October 30, 1979 |
Chicago, Illinois, United States
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
Underground Hip Hop
|Labels||Pure Product Records, LLC.|
Randy Ellis (born October 30, 1979 in Chicago, Illinois), better known as DJ Fokis "Bull Of Tha Industry" is a hip hop turntablist/producer and owner of PPEG (Pure Product Entertainment Group, LLC.) a music/marketing consulting firm from Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
He began his career as a local DJ working with radio stations and running the local DJ battle scene during the late 1990s. DJ Fokis also was a talented graffiti artist known by most of his peers as "Fokis" he went on to have many other aliases such as "Seryus" //.[dubious ] At first he studied architecture but the love of music overwhelmed and fascinated him. DJ Fokis in the late 1990s was part of several hip-hop crews including the world renown Chi-Rock Nation where he took part in releasing Chicago Rocks Magazine under supervision of veteran chapter members. DJ Fokis credits himself as a "Triple Threat" DJ. Triple Threat represents the future of turntablism, precisely because they have been so instrumental to its storied past. Though they have championship-level skills at scratching and beat-juggling they also know how to rock a party, produce music and create original compositions with two turntables. They are not just djs, turntablists, producers, musicians or club djs, they encompass all aspects.
The early years
DJ Fokis as a young child studied in Cincinnati, Ohio under the School for Creative & Performing Arts where he majored in art and studied drama. After returning to Chicago his love of art i.e. Graffiti grew during his high school years. While taking an interest in architecture DJ Fokis was awarded the Chicago Public Schools Newhouse Competition second place award and a summer business internship with a Chicago downtown architecture firm. DJ Fokis skills in Graffiti & Art developed more over time. The introduction to graphic design programs such as Adobe Systems Photoshop & Corel Photo-Paint he used the programs to make a living and support for college. After graduation DJ Fokis created a small sole-proprietorship Graphinheit Studios. The unique name was created by DJ Fokis himself combining the words Graphics and Fahrenheit which translates "Hot Graphics". He soon dissolved the company in 2006 and merge his operations. He incorporated PPEG, LLC. to continue his music career and use his marketing intellect for further his career in the entertainment industry. His creativity can be seen locally and internationally mainly because he was the consulting art director for marketing album covers and promotional materials for Clear Channel. In 2007 DJ Fokis opened his doors to other companies for 3rd Party consultation/marketing services. Most recent clients being Chicago rap group Crucial Conflict, Super-Producer 9th Wonder for The "Dream Merchant 2" Tour and Hustle Period Management home to Roc-A-Fella Records RIAA certified multi-platinum artist Kanye West.
DJ Fokis gained fame from releasing "I Can Getcha Block Knocked Off" Vol. 1 September 2006 with then newly signed artist Warlord to infamous Death Row Records. The release Executive Produced By Suge Knight and Big Los was downloaded over 250,000 times from www.djfokis.com in under 2 months. A second release to the debut street album was soon scheduled and to be released in 2007 under a co-venture between DJ Fokis, Warlord and Death Row Records Vice President Big Los. "Still Can Getcha Block Knocked Off" Vol. 2 was released August 7, 2007 worldwide on with global distribution assistance from Apple iTunes, eMusic, Yahoo, and Sony. It received critical acclaim and amassed high scores from online & offline publications. DJ Fokis & Warlord's success of the series will soon be continued with a new series coming soon from both artist no date has been set.
DJ Fokis on September 25, 2009 recently signed to a New York City based booking agency CEG (Central Entertainment Group). CEG houses the worlds top talent ranging from Fabolous, Lil' Kim, Funkmaster Flex, and DJ Whoo Kid. DJ Fokis recently announced that he has confirmed the release for a third installment of the Warlord mixtape entitled: Lord of War: "Still Can Getcha Blocked Knocked Off, Volume 3". It is expected to be released March 2010 with 17 new track from DJ Fokis & Warlord. DJ Fokis has been recently added to a 2010 tour involving the world-famous Ruff Ryders Entertainment the tour launch is expected in January 2010 inside the continental United States.
DJ Fokis established a non-profit organization entitled The F.O.K.I.S. Foundation the acronym standing for Finding Outstanding Kids In School. This organization was founded to be a cornerstone for kids in an inner city school that may have a talent or skill that can be enhanced/sculpted. The foundations role will be that of an older member that specializes in that skill the child possess and "shows him/her the ropes". A young aspiring singer may have the opportunity to go to a live recording session with a singer, songwriter, or producer and see first hand how things work. A young dancer, to a ballet studio, etc.
Awards & credentials
- 2007-2008 "Hard DJ Work Award" Midwest Category 2nd Annual Thermal Awards WHCR 90.3 FM New York City, New York
- 2000-2001 Disco Mix Club (DMC) American Battleground Chicago Regional Finalist
- 1999-2000 Vestax Guitar Center 1st Round Advance Winner
- 1999-2000 Shure Blaze Battle Finalist
- 1997-1998 Heavyweights DJ Competition Finalist
- DJ Fokis Presents: Pure Product: Volume 3.0 January, 1998
- Reborn Hustler (DJ Fokis & Spree Israel) December, 2004
- Death Row Records Presents: I Can Getcha Block Knocked Off Volume: 1 (DJ Fokis & Warlord) September, 2006
- Still Can Getcha Block Knocked Off, Volume 2 (DJ Fokis & Warlord) August, 2007
- Reborn Hustler: The Reissue (Bonus Track Version) January, 2008
- Bullacratic DJ Fokis Debut Album (Label:TBA)
- Lord of War: Still Can Getcha Block Knocked Off, Volume 3 (DJ Fokis & Walord) March, 2010
- RollingOut.com Interview - January, 2009
- Sixshot.com "Sixshot Spinners" Interview - April, 2008
- Streethop.com "Jack Of All Trades" (3 Part Interview) - July, 2007
- Streethop.com Album Review for "Still Can Getcha Block Knocked Off" Volume: 2 - July, 2007
- Westcoast Aftershock "Still Can Getcha Block Knocked Off" Volume 2 Album Review - July, 2007
- G-Funk Music Inc. "I Can Getcha Block Knocked Off" Volume: 1 Feature Album - March, 2006
- Wildstyle Shop & Magazine - The Hip Hop Culture Online Magazine Berlin, Germany - November, 2006