||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Helmut Josef Geier, professionally known as DJ Hell (born September 6, 1962 in Altenmarkt an der Alz, Bavaria, DE), is a German house / techno DJ. He is the label boss of International DeeJay Gigolo Records and has been responsible for many of the big records to come out of the electroclash that emerged in Berlin in the mid-1990s. He is seen as the musical initiator of the 1980s revival movement later known as electroclash popularizing the music from his hometown Munich from the mid to late 1990s.
In 2006, DJ Hell was involved in a German Intel promotional campaign involving five demogroups (Andromeda Software Development, Conspiracy, Fairlight, Farbrausch and mfx), who were set out to create 30-second demos using remixed versions of a DJ Hell track.
The basic track from DJ Hell's hit single "Keep On Waiting" from album "New York Muscle" and single release, was sampled from a track titled "BLURB" by the band "Intense Molecular Activity" Also known as "IMA". IMA's 4 track EP (including "BLURB") was released in 1980 on an independent label and distributed by 99 Records. The band also released a 13 track CD in 2008.
In September 2009, DJ Hell was at the centre of controversy when Felix da Housecat announced that DJ Hell's track "The DJ Ft. P Diddy", from the album Teufelswerk, used content taken without the permission of Felix da Housecat or P Diddy.
- Geteert & Gefedert (Disko B)
- Mixes Of Gary Numan Vol. 2 (Random Records)
- Repassion (International Deejay Gigolo Records)
- My Definition Of House Music (R&S)
- Red Bull From Hell EP (Disko B)
- Sprung Aus Den Wolken / Butter Säure (Kickin Records)
- Three Degrees Kelvin / Like That! (Magnetic North)
- Ultraworld EP Vol. 1 (Disko B)
- Allerseelen (Disko B)
- Albino EP (Disko B)
- Original Street Techno (Disko B)
- Totmacher (Disko B)
- Totmacher Interpretationen (Disko B)
- Munich Machine (V2 Records, Inc.)
- Suicide Commando (V2 Records, Inc.)
- Copa (Disko B)
- Rock My Body To The Beat (International Deejay Gigolo Records)
- Keep On Waiting (International Deejay Gigolo Records)
- N.Y. Muscle (2003, Motor Music)
- Listen To The Hiss feat. Alan Vega (International Deejay Gigolo Records)
- Je regrette Everything feat. Billy Ray Martin International Deejay Gigolo Records)
- Best of Hell (International Deejay Gigolo Records)
- Fun Boy (International Deejay Gigolo Records)
- Teufelswerk (2009, International Deejay Gigolo Records)
- Teufelswerk House Remixes Part I (2011, Embassy of Music)
- Teufelswerk House Remixes Part II (2012, Embassy of Music)
"Hell" is the German word for "light" or "bright" (but also for "fair skinned" and "blond haired").