||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|DJ Riddler/The Riddler|
DJ Riddler performing live.
|Birth name||Richie Pangilinan|
|Also known as||DJ Rich, The Riddler|
|Born||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, producer, remixer|
|Associated acts||Al B. Rich, MYNT|
DJ Riddler also known as The Riddler (born Richie Pangilinan in Chicago, Illinois) is an American dance DJ, producer and remixer on New York City's WKTU 103.5FM, WHTZ 100.3FM, on Portland's KKRZ 100.3FM and on KKHH "Hot 95.7 FM" in Houston. He became the first Asian-American and Filipino-American mixshow DJ to be on commercial radio in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and New York City. DJ Riddler is also part of the group MYNT who had several hits including "How Did You Know", "Stay" and "Still Not Sorry". DJ Riddler has released over 19 commercial mix compilations on such record labels as Tommy Boy Records, Strictly Hype Records (SHR), MCA Records and Ultra Records selling over one-million copies. Billboard Magazine lists The Riddler as one of the Top 10 Acts of all time with the Most entries on the Dance/Electronic Albums Chart
He began his career in Houston, Texas back in 1987 working for a rhythmic top 40 station KNRJ under a different DJ name, DJ Rich. However, his break into the radio world was when in 1993, joined KRBE 104.1 FM under Tom Poleman and Paul "Cubby" Bryant. From there he held radio mixshows with KHFI-Austin and KTFM-San Antonio. In 1995, he left Texas for New York City to work for WHTZ-Z100 and Tommy Boy Records.
While at Tommy Boy Records, Rich Pangilinan was credited for his work on the platinum selling Jock Jam Megamix and Jock Jams compilations. The Jock Jam Megamix was one of the first legalized mash-ups to sell over 500,000 copies according to soundscan in the late 1990s. In addition, he helped get another Filipino-American dance artist Jocelyn Enriquez signed to Tommy Boy Records in 1997. In 2003, Rich Pangilinan was the executive producer for Jocelyn Enriquez third album All My Life.
On New York radio, Rich Pangilinan became the First Asian-American Mixshow DJ. DJ Rich started on New York's Top 40 station Z100 every weekend with his Planet Z radio Mixshow featuring the current club hits. In 2000, Rich Pangilinan was moved to WKTU 103.5 FM from Z100 and was given the name DJ Riddler. His radio mixshow on WKTU quickly became noticed and have won several awards like Best Radio Mixshow DJ at the International Dance Music Awards in Miami, Florida during the Winter Music Conference in 2001 and again in 2003.
In 2003, DJ Riddler joined Sirius Satellite Radio and was given his own show called Riddler Remixed on The Beat 36. On November 12, 2008, Sirius-XM replaced The Beat with BPM and took Riddler Remixed off the air. On August 8, 2009, Sirius-XM brought back The Riddler on BPM on the show Adrenaline.
Rich Pangilinan is also part of the production team Al B. Rich along with Albert Castillo that produced MYNT and other artists. In 2007, DJ Riddler along with his partner Albert Castillo also produced the song "The Anthem" for Pitbull feat. Lil Jon, which appears on Pitbull's album The Boatlift. He was also asked by Disney Films to create a megamix similar to the Jock Jams in 2007 for the film "High School Musical".
In July 2008, DJ Riddler returned to Houston on the new KKHH Hot 95.7 FM and can be heard every week day for the Hot Mix at 5.
In 2011, The Riddler was nominated again for Best Radio Mixshow DJ at the International Dance Music Awards in Miami, Florida during the Winter Music Conference along with Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, Above and Beyond, Markus Schulz, Dennis Ruyer, Pete Tong
In August 2010, The Riddler was named Best Mixshow DJ 2011 at the Promo Only Summer Sessions/DJ Times Convention in Atlantic City. He also won that title in 2011 and 2013.
January 2014, Billboard Magazine lists The Riddler as one of the Top 10 Acts of all time with the Most entries on the Dance/Electronic Albums Chart
|2000||MTV: Grind, Vol. 1||Tommy Boy Records|
|Planet Dance||Tommy Boy Records|
|2001||Club Series, Vol. 4||Strictly Hype Records (SHR)|
|Club Series, Vol. 5||Strictly Hype Records (SHR)|
|Dance Mix NYC||Tommy Boy Records|
|2002||Dance Mix NYC, Vol. 2||Tommy Boy Records|
|2002||Club Nation America. Vol. 2||MCA/Ministry Of Sound|
|2003||Dance Mix NYC, Vol. 3||Tommy Boy Records|
|Dance Mix NYC, Vol. 4||Tommy Boy Records|
|Rewind: Greatest Party Hits||Tommy Boy Records|
|2004||Dance Mix NYC, Vol. 5||Tommy Boy Records|
|2005||Ultra.Dance 06||Ultra Records|
|2006||Club Anthems Vol. 3||Ultra Records|
|2007||Ultra.Dance 08||Ultra Records|
|2008||Ultra 2009||Ultra Records|
|2012||Dance Mix USA: In the Club, Vol. 2||Phase One|
Also appears on
|1997||Jock Jams, Volume 3||Tommy Boy Records|
|2003||Deborah Cox: Remixed||J Records|
|2010||"Higher" (feat. Craig Smart)||Amerada Music|
|2012||Enigma EP||Soltrenz/Strictly Rhythm|
- A Great Big World - "Say Something"
- Agnes - "Release Me"
- America Olivo - "Deja Vu"
- Amber - "Anyways"
- Amber - "Just Like That"
- Amy Weber - "Let It Rain", "Dance Of Life"
- Amuka - "Craving"
- Amuka - "Appreciate Me"
- Angelo Venuto feat. Reina - "Vivo Por Lei"
- Anna Vissi - "Call Me"
- Backstreet Boys - "Straight through my heart"
- Bella Thorne - "Call It Whatever"
- Britney Spears - "Criminal"
- Cher Lloyd - "I Wish"
- Christina Aguilera - "Beautiful"
- Chris Brown - "Yeah 3X"
- Chromeo - "Jealous"
- Ciara - "Oh"
- Cynthia - "With You"
- Dax Riders - "Real Fonky Time"
- Demi Lovato - "Heart Attack"
- Dido - "Don't Leave Home"
- Dido - "White Flag"
- Dillon Francis - "When We Were Young"
- DJ Encore - "I See Right Through to You"
- DJ Encore - "Walking in the Sky"
- Drake - "Find Your Love"
- Eden's Crush - "Get Over Yourself"
- Eden's Crush - "Love This Way"
- Emily Osment - "Let's Be Friends"
- Erika Jayne - "One Hot Pleasure"
- Esmee Denters - "Love Dealer"
- Foster The People - "Pumped Up Kicks"
- Frankie J - "More Than Words"
- Frankie J - "Obsession"
- Frankie J - "Don't Wanna Try"
- Funky Green Dogs - "Fired Up"
- Frou Frou - "Breathe In"
- Hot Rod - "Dance With Me"
- Guy Sebastian - "Like A Drum"
- Hot Chelle Rae - "Tonight, Tonight"
- High School Musical - "High School Musical Megamix"
- India - "Seduce Me Now"
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler - "Cry Baby"
- Janet Jackson - "I Want You"
- Janet Jackson - "R&B Junkie"
- Janet Jackson - "Son of a Gun"
- Jason Derulo - "It Girl"
- Jewel - "Intuition"
- J Cole - "Power Trip"
- Jocelyn Enriquez - "All My Life"
- Jocelyn Enriquez - "Make Me An Angel"
- Jocelyn Enriquez - "No Way No How"
- Jordin Sparks - "Battlefield"
- Jordin Sparks - "S.O.S."
- Joss Stone - "You Had Me"
- Karyelle - "OMG"
- Kat Graham - "Put Your Graffiti On Me"
- Kelly Clarkson - "Behind These Hazel Eyes"
- Kelly Clarkson - "Catch My Breath"
- Kristine W. - "Wonder of it All"
- Kris Allen - "Live Like We're Dying"
- Labrinth featuring Tinie Tempah - "Earthquake"
- Lil Wayne - "How To Love"
- Lotus - "With or Without You"
- Luther Vandross - "I'd Rather"
- Mariah Carey - "Never Too Far"
- Mariah Carey - "Hero"
- Mariah Carey - "You're Mine"
- Matisse - "Better Than Her"
- Melanie C - "Never Be The Same"
- Mia Martina - "Summer Love"
- Michael Meth - "I Will Take You There"
- Mike Posner - "Please Don't Go"
- MYNT feat. Kim Sozzi - "How Did You Know"
- MYNT - "Still Not Sorry"
- Nelly - "Just A Dream"
- Nivea - "Don't Mess With My Man"
- Paramore - "I'm Into You"
- Paramore - "Ain't It Fun"
- Pink - "Feel Good Time"
- Pink - "Just Like a Pill"
- Pink - "Please Don't Leave Me"
- Pink - "Raise Your Glass"
- Pink - "Perfect"
- Pitbull - "The Anthem"
- Pitbull - "Rain Over Me"
- Pitbull - "Feel This Moment"
- Pitbull - "Timber"
- Prince Malik - "City of Lights"
- Prince Malik - "I'm Here to Drink"
- Rita Ora - "R.I.P."
- Ricky Martin - "Adios"
- Sara Bareilles - "King Of Anything"
- Scarlett Santana - "Rain"
- Shawn Stackz - "2Day"
- Shontelle - "Impossible"
- Steve Angello - "Wasted Love"
- Suzanne Smith - "Closer"
- Tina Ann - "Need to Say Goodbye"
- The Script - "Breakeven"
- The Script - "For The First Time"
- The Script - "Nothing"
- The Ruse - "Beautiful Is Gone"
- Tora - "Guns N' Roses"
- Various Artists - "Jock Jam Megamix"
- Wayne Wonder - "No Letting Go"
- Zendaya - "Replay"
- ZZ Ward - "Last Love Song"