|Birth name||Scott Keeney|
|Born||15 November 1983|
|Origin||Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Genres||Pop, hip hop, rock, turntablism|
|Occupation(s)||Artist, musician, music producer, radio personality, television personality, entrepreneur|
|Labels||Skee Music, Inc.,|
Scott Keeney (born 15 November 1983), better known by his stage name DJ Skee, is an American artist, television host, radio personality, philanthropist and entrepreneur. Skee rose to fame as the first DJ to discover and play superstar artists on the radio including Kendrick Lamar, Justin Bieber, Akon, Lorde, and Lady Gaga amongst many others.
In 2015, Skee officially launched Dash Radio, which has since become world's largest all original digital radio network with investments from the likes of L.A. Reid, Adrian Peterson, Kevin Colleran, Michael Lazerow and more. Now reaching over 5 million listeners worldwide, Dash Radio powers over 75 stations completely free and curated by real DJs, artists and tastemakers with zero traditional commercials. Dash Radio has partnered with the likes of Snoop Dogg, Kylie Jenner, Odd Future, The GRAMMYs, EA Sports, T-Boz (TLC), Stevie Wonder, Wu-Tang Clan, XXL Magazine, Strange Music Inc., The Computer Game Show, multiple music festivals, and many more.
Outside of his career as a DJ and TV personality, Skee is active as an entrepreneur being named one of Billboard Magazine's influential "Power Players: 30 Under 30" in the 21 August 2010 issue. Skee was also named as an honorable mention Forbes magazine's influential "Power Players: 30 Under 30" in 2012. In September 2012, Skee opened the second and flagship location of his retail store chain, Tradition, in the Beverly Center in Beverly Hills, CA.
Known as the man behind the marketing campaigns and promotions for the popular T-Mobile Sidekick in the mid-2000s, Skee has orchestrated campaigns for Daimler-Chrysler (and specifically the launch of the Chrysler 300 & Dodge Magnum in 2004), Google's Android Platform, NIKE, nearly every major record label in the world, and more. Additionally, he has written pieces for magazines such as Forbes, Billboard, Recode
As a mixtape DJ & producer, Skee has released over 100 mixtapes during his career. In 2008, Skee was nominated in eight categories, twice as much as any other DJ, at Justo's Mixtape Awards. Skee also won west coast mixtape DJ of the year at the 2013 Global Spin Awards.
Now in its 5th season on Fuse, "Skee TV" is a one-hour original series that provides insider access to the hottest musical artists, athletes, celebrities and cultural tastemakers via exclusive interviews and live performances.
- Lady Gaga "Lady Gaga Gives DJ Skee A Shout-Out" Archived 2014-08-10 at the Wayback Machine, NuvoTV, Los Angeles, March 2014. Retrieved on 31 March 2014.
- "DJ Skee Debuts DASH Radio, Taps East Village Radio Co-Founder, L.A. Reid As Investors". Billboard. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- Reed, Ryan (12 September 2014). "Odd Future Launch 24/7 Channel on Dash Radio". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "DASH Radio Launches Grammy Awards Station". AllAccess.com. 14 January 2015. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- Langhorne, Cyrus (21 December 2011). "Forbes 30 Under 30 List". Forbes.com. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- Pandora's Rdio Purchase Good for Listeners and Artists?
- "11th Annual Mixtape Awards Nominations Announced, Ceremony Delayed". XXL Mag. 8 February 2008. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- Langhorne, Cyrus (15 August 2012). "Dew Tour Announces Expanded Music Initiative Including DJ/Athlete Collaborations With DJ SKEE for Original Event Inspired Songs". MarketWatch.com. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- Langhorne, Cyrus (23 August 2012). "Space, Guns, and Music Pt. 2: DJ Skee on Remixing 'Halo 4' List". MTV. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "'Skee Live' Renewed by AXS TV for Second Season - Ratings". TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com. 11 April 2014. Archived from the original on 13 April 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- @TheCardLifeTV (22 June 2021). "Step 1: Release the most epic card of..." (Tweet) – via Twitter.