|Music by||Arjun Janya|
|Cinematography||S. D. Anand|
|Edited by||Srinivas P. Babu|
JJ Cine Productions
DK is a 2015 Indian Kannada satirical film directed by Vijay Kampali, formerly known as Udaya Prakash, who also directed Kalla Malla Sulla and Auto Raja. Produced by actress Rakshita, the film stars Prem and Chaitra Chandranath in the lead roles. Actress Sunny Leone features in a special item song Sesamma, which marks her Kannada film debut. The film's score and soundtrack was composed by Arjun Janya, and the first Kannada film to feature 7.1 surround sound. The film opened across Karnataka on 13 February 2015.
This article needs a plot summary. (August 2018)
- Prem as DK
- Chaitra Chandranath as Subbulakshmi
- Rishikumara Swamy
- Sharath Lohitashwa as MP Shive Gowda
- Sunny Leone as item number "Sesamma"
Director Udaya Prakash renamed himself Vijay Kampali before beginning this venture. He approached director-actor Prem to star in this satirical comedy. The film was earlier said to be based on the real life of Karnataka politician D. K Shivakumar. However the makers refuted the statement and claimed the story was original, not inspired by any person or any other film. Prem had to lose weight in preparation for the role. Chaitra Chandranath, who had a difficult beginning to her career, as her debut film Viraat was shelved, was cast in the lead female role. Filming took place extensively in Mysore.
Anand Audio bought the music rights of the film for about ₹25Lakhs. Music composer Arjun Janya worked on songs for the film. The folk song "Seshamma Seshamma" features the actress Sunny Leone in a special appearance. Another song titled "India Pakistan Ondagoythu" which featured the names of Modi, Sonia, M. Karunanidhi and J. Jayalalithaa and their relationships was turned down by four playback singers due to the controversial lines, until finally singer Hemanth Kumar recorded the song.
|Soundtrack album by Arjun Janya|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Sesamma"||Prem||Mamta Sharma, Prem||5:14|
|2.||"Sum Sumne"||Sudarshan||Rajesh Krishnan, Anuradha Bhat||4:40|
|4.||"Besari Marada"||Sudarshan||Palak Muchhal, Shankar Mahadevan||3:48|
- "'DK' Prem Starts". Indiaglitz. 14 June 2014.
- "Sunny Leone To Make Kannada Debut With Prem's DK!". Filmibeat. 5 June 2014.
- "Sunny Leone shoots item number for Kannada film 'DK'". Indian Express. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "'DK' on Floor". Indiaglitz. 30 June 2014.
- "Exclusive: Prem's makeover for DK". Times of India. 12 June 2014.
- "DK to revive Viraat heroine's career". Times of India. 3 July 2014.
- "I'm the hero of DK: Chaitra Chandranath". Times of India. 14 January 2015. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Prem shoots for DK in Mysore". Times of India. 26 July 2014.
- "Anand Audio bags DK music rights". FilmyKannada. 27 October 2014.
- A secret shoot for Sunny Leone's Kannada debut
- "Four singers turned down 'Modi-Sonia friendship' song". Bangalore Mirror. 23 October 2014.